Celica Build Big Sub Little Car

Whats the Squarish Hole for in the False floor you built..?

That allows the woofer magnet to clear the floor of the box. I couldn't stand the woofer straight up since there's 16" between the rear deck main support and trunk floor. Clearly an 18" sub isn't going to fit, so I laid the front baffle back and the magnet had to go somewhere. I was going to remove the whole rear deck and just weld up a strut brace but decided not to do it. Too lazy and I didnt have a backup should the rear of my car fail.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

That allows the woofer magnet to clear the floor of the box. I couldn't stand the woofer straight up since there's 16" between the rear deck main support and trunk floor. Clearly an 18" sub isn't going to fit, so I laid the front baffle back and the magnet had to go somewhere. I was going to remove the whole rear deck and just weld up a strut brace but decided not to do it. Too lazy and I didnt have a backup should the rear of my car fail.

now that is interesting. "if there is a will there is a way" fits your build perfectly :P. look forward to seeing this finished.

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Got some more done. If its shitty out tomorrow Ill prolly push to get it close to the end, if its nice, I'll be on the river B) Was going to keep working but I decided to sleep on how I want the port/amp rack design. I am really short on space and the T4k is really big for my little car. Well, here ya go.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

See? Magnet now has clearance.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

I thought the port was going through the rear decklid?

Makin it strong like Bull.

lol I can't stop laughing at this. I can picture an old man saying it from a movie but can't remember which one

I thought the port was going through the rear decklid?

Nah, I'm going to put a new rear deck peice in there to pretty it up. Thats so I can leave my back seats up and still bass it heavy. Trust me I thought of port throught the deck but there just isn't enough room, anywhere. I've always got a car full of people and so I'm hoping this helps to prevent them from being bass blockers. BTW, my car used to bottom out hard with four people and the 12" solo X. Now I'm going to have an additional 150ib+ added on behind the rear axle. I feel so sorry for my struts.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

lol ok gotcha. I actually took my friends rear factory speakers out of his car while he was eating and he was confused as to why his bass sounded louder haha

where do you plan on mounting the amp?

where do you plan on mounting the amp?

Ah man, that shit has been a headache. I don't know that its worth having 4000W. Haha, its huge! I have to build an amp rack that lets it sit lower in the box. And I still have to fit a port in there. There's about 1/2" of clearance between the box top and trunk lid bottom so it can't just go on top of the box. I wish I had the Mojo back, it would have fit so much easier. Haha. The RF better be worth it. The title of this build should have been big everything, little car.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

Archived