Add Door Switch To Alarm W/ Actuators?

So I successfully installed my viper 350hv and actuators along with the 451m... I would like to now install a button or switch to unlock my doors from the inside while the vehicle is running so I don't have to reach over and open the door since the alarm automatically locks the doors after 3 seconds of starting the vehicle. I bought a button from autozone that is an imediate signal button with just two prongs...do I need an oem door lock for this or some switch that has a 12volt signal?? how do I go about hooking this button up??? Thanks

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

So I successfully installed my viper 350hv and actuators along with the 451m... I would like to now install a button or switch to unlock my doors from the inside while the vehicle is running so I don't have to reach over and open the door since the alarm automatically locks the doors after 3 seconds of starting the vehicle. I bought a button from autozone that is an imediate signal button with just two prongs...do I need an oem door lock for this or some switch that has a 12volt signal?? how do I go about hooking this button up??? Thanks

If you turn off ignition controlled doorlocks in the 350hv's programming it will no longer lock the doors automatically.

As for buttons to lock and unlock your doors. If you tap into the blue and green wires coming off of the 451m... put one side of your switched connected to the green wire and the other side to ground... and same for the blue wire. When you push your momentary push button switch it will activate the 451m relay pack and lock or unlock your doors depending on what button you push.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

i just put a N.C. momentary push button switch on the 12v switched for the alarm, makes it think you turned the car off and unlocks the doors.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

so i have a momentary switch that i had already bought and already installed into my dash...and when u say to wire it into the 12v, do u mean the 12v on the 451m coming from the brain or the actually 12v?? and how would i wire it into the 12v? do I just cut it in half and run the two wires to each side of the switch? and will there still be constant power going to the brain?

and shyne, if i wired it into the switch...can I use the immediate switch i have?? if so, when u say to do the same for green wire as I do for the blue...wont the two blue and green be touching on the prong together??? leaving the ground on the other prong on the switch??

Here is the switch I have.....

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/a...equestid=384862

Edited by neutman21

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

so i have a momentary switch that i had already bought and already installed into my dash...and when u say to wire it into the 12v, do u mean the 12v on the 451m coming from the brain or the actually 12v?? and how would i wire it into the 12v? do I just cut it in half and run the two wires to each side of the switch? and will there still be constant power going to the brain?

and shyne, if i wired it into the switch...can I use the immediate switch i have?? if so, when u say to do the same for green wire as I do for the blue...wont the two blue and green be touching on the prong together??? leaving the ground on the other prong on the switch??

Here is the switch I have.....

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/a...equestid=384862

no i think that switch is to momentary pass current to the other side. i went to pick and pull and got a 82-92 camaro power lock swith and it worked PERFECTLY! it was excatly what i needed. there not that expensive you can even pocket it at a junk yard i actually have an extra one send me a pm wid an address and paypal me like 2bucks for shipping and its yours http://pi.b5z.net/i/u/509876/i/90_92_camar..._button_ezr.jpg

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800