Sonic Electronix

It's a 94 oldsmobile 88 I have no pics right now but all I can tell u is that the amp is suppose to be stable down to 1 ohm and when I hooked it up I hooked up the hot wire first(red one) before I hooked up the ground so ure saying I should hook up the ground first then the hot wire to get my amp to turn on? I have a 140 amp fuse n between my power wire from the battery.I have another 40 amp in the amp,wired the remote wire directly to the hot wire so the amp will always stay on even if the car is off,grounded to the chassis behind car jack,ran (2)dvc 4ohm 12"subs in parallel to drop to 1ohm using 12gauge wire so that the amp gets 1 ohm.I hoped that helped since I dont have any pics. :(

The way you have the remote wire hooked up you will have a lot of dead battery problems. Do you have a friend who has a system in their car? If so have them unhook their amp and you hook yours up to there setup and see if it works in the their car.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

I would personally unhook it all, and this is the order I do things:

1st wire hooked up - Ground then connect to frame

2nd - Positive from battery

3rd - Remote Lead (don't run it straight from the pos wire, atleast put a toggle in it so you can shut if off. That's hard on equipment for it to run 24/7

4th - DMM leads into speaker outs.

Turn it all on and turn the DMM to AC Volts. While playing music slowly turn the gain up and if the dmm reads a voltage shut it all down then:

Disconect DMM and wire in the speakers.

This order works everytime for me and I never have trouble.

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

Guest MegaloManiac

3rd - Remote Lead (don't run it straight from the pos wire, atleast put a toggle in it so you can shut if off. That's hard on equipment for it to run 24/7

Turn it all on and turn the DMM to AC Volts. While playing music slowly turn the gain up and if the dmm reads a voltage shut it all down then:

ground wire should be last, so u dont start a fire.

I just ran it the way u suggested and the protection light went off but it was still no sound from the amp so Im sending it back to get another I still have full warranty on it.I even opened it up to see if I burnt out anything and nothing was burnt so I realized it's just a bad amp thats why im sending it back.

ground wire should be last, so u dont start a fire.

ground wire should be first so if you short it out, you dont blow the amp, or catch it on fire. fuses DONT always help. also, dont put your inline fuse in until everything is connected, and keep the - on the battery disconnected until ready to play.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

I just ran it the way u suggested and the protection light went off but it was still no sound from the amp so Im sending it back to get another I still have full warranty on it.I even opened it up to see if I burnt out anything and nothing was burnt so I realized it's just a bad amp thats why im sending it back.

Good choice.

ground wire should be first so if you short it out, you dont blow the amp, or catch it on fire. fuses DONT always help. also, dont put your inline fuse in until everything is connected, and keep the - on the battery disconnected until ready to play.

BINGO

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.