Second Skin Audio

With that kind of power I would start to think about the aluminum coils just to be safe.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

With that kind of power I would start to think about the aluminum coils just to be safe.

Ill ask around. I know a guy who has a wall with 4 of the 15s with a 3500D on each. I wouldnt be blastin it full go at all times. Ill do some more research before i make my final selections. Ive heard people say these woofers need a good 2k each though.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Well depends on your personal preference. I like to have a little headroom to be a little safer on my subs. Other people like to have as much power as possible on tap. To each his own.

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

I heard the copper coils are a bit more musical than the aluminum. The price difference isnt that bad. Kind sucks the coppers are cheaper, last i checked, copper was more expensive. Now. If i buy them as copper coils and blow them, could i recone them as aluminum? I really know nothing about reconing a sub, ive never had to do it. There isnt a big price difference between them either, i mean, ya, an extra $50 per sub, but if its going to be cheaper in the long run, i may just do it.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

The aluminum coils also have a different suspension. DJ (owner of aq)told me their spiders are much stiffer to help with control on high power applications.

I sent someone at AQ a message a few days back i believe, never got a reply asking for :help: and a few questions about the sub. The TSP on AQs site are for the Aluminum coils. So now im between do i go Al or Cu coils. Im pretty sure i wanna push a 2200D on each one, some day may go to a 3500D on each one. So i may go with Al coils. So i have found i can make a box that will be roughly 13 cubes tuned to around 38 hz after displacement and bracing and all. People seem to like these things tuned high. And the response curve agrees. So...sounds like im going to be going with 13-13.5 ft^3 tuned to 38Hz, 160 in^2 of port. Subs and port up cuz i dont want the port right in front of the hatch. Anyone good with designs? Im thinkin ill take a whack at it, i just have never used any of the fancy cad programs except wildfire, which i dont have anymore.

Call DJ. 417-859-6025. He is a great guy and the owner of the company. Really knows his stuff has talked me through several questions.

Ill have to do that