Second Skin Audio

Thinking About Ordering Some 8"s

Thomas

So i need to put something new in my mustang and im still undecided.Its going into a 99 mustang convertible so space is a huge issue.The trunk itself isn't terribly small but the truck opening is tiny and being a convertible there is no fold down rear seats.So the box has to be small to get it into the trunk.

Ive had a few different systems in the car so far ranging from 2 10"s, 2 12"s,and several single 12" set-ups.Ive pretty much realized that the next set-up has to be either 1 12, 2 10,s or 4 8s.And thats exactly what i think im going to do...4 8"s.Out of the many many stereos ive had ive never run 8"s or actually ever heard 4 8"s.

I'm thinking 4 kicker cvr 8"s would be pretty decent.They are very very cheap.They need just about a 1/2 cubic foot each ported.And don't need much power.

But basically what this post is about is im wondering who here is running 8"s?Im pretty sure the sound quality is going to be great which is my main goal.But its still gotta get at least kind of loud or ill get bored with it real fast.So if your running 8"s let me see your set-up or let me know your current/past experiences with 8"s.

i have 4-l5 8's in a 4cube ported box, big ass 76sqin port@43ish hz, and 1500wrms to them

its louder than my 2-12's off the same amp, noticably so, and they handle the power like troopers

sq is a tad shitty cuz of the box, its def missing some notes (higher ones specifically, it handles lows and really lows pretty well)

with the right box you can make any woofer do anything...personally one of the best setups I heard in a stang was 2 10inch l7's with like 800 watts and a spec ported box...but 8's are always kinda fun and unique

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

DD 1508!!!

Wicked little subs :)

X2

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P4050UB

Subs: 2 Pioneer Premier 12" ts-w3004spls

Sub box: 3.2ft3 tuned to 35hz

Sub Amp: SoundMagus DK 1800

Speaker Amp: Rockford Fosgate 200a4 Bridged to fronts

Front Speakers: DLS MS5A components

2 gauge power & ground

141s19i.jpg