Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4 12" Kicker Cvx's In A 1990 Chevy Caprice


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm going to be starting a build shortly for my boys 1990 Chevy box Caprice. We are going to be using 4 CVX 12's. I'm trying to decide if i want to build the box with the subs facing up and one huge port firing against the trunk wall. Or have the woofers facing the trunk wall and i guess porting it up. I'm just trying to figure out how I want to configure it. I'm going to measure the trunk tomorrow for exact dimensions. but it's huge so I dont think i'll have a problem with either configuration. I want opinions on what everyone feels will be louder.

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Posted

what about having the subs and port facing the trunk?

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

Posted
what about having the subs and port facing the trunk?

i have to see if there is enough height for the port to fit horizontally under the subs. I kind of want one big port for all 4 subs. Once I get the measurements tomorrow i will work on the math to see what the port dimensions have to be. I'm thinking of tuning around 34hz

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2107 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...