Dual Evga Gtx 285 - Sli

Steve, these are the SSD'd I was tell you about. The difference with the OCZ Vertex's, is that there currently the only SSD's that have a built in 64mb cache, WHICH COMPLETELY STOPS THE STUTTER EFFECT THAT REGULAR SSD's HAVE! The stutter effect is very annoying, and tests have shown, and people have proven that these SSD's are the best "Right now". http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820227394

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Nice selection on the brand and video cards. Personally I don't think you should try to overclock the videocards they are fast as is. An you will see an unbelievable performance jump from the 8800 GTX's. I think you should invest into getting a core i7 and an X58 mobo. SSD's are the fastest storage solutions, but they aren't necessary. I personally would only jump into SSD's when windows 7 comes out and they work out all of those bugs. A velociraptor raid 0 setup and a tb drive for storage would suffice.

777319156.png

Larrabee is going to be a GPU, not a CPU... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larrabee_(GPU)

Indeed, but I hate buying new stuff when there's crazy new technology that may or may not be compatible with current stuff just around the corner. I wouldn't buy a new CPU if I knew a new GPU was not far off (also considering that Nvidia and AMD will have something big to pull out to counter Larrabee) due to the risk of ending up with a computer with a massive bottleneck at the CPU :(

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Indeed, but I hate buying new stuff when there's crazy new technology that may or may not be compatible with current stuff just around the corner. I wouldn't buy a new CPU if I knew a new GPU was not far off (also considering that Nvidia and AMD will have something big to pull out to counter Larrabee) due to the risk of ending up with a computer with a massive bottleneck at the CPU :(

true, true

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny