03 Explorer

If you can keep the imp rise down (normally a small port etc) you can get some serious power out of those old hcca amps. I used the 250g4s awhile back an they were clean as hell for power...

i had bouth of the amps -moded-and thay where tested at 13.5v to do 1769-at 1om--my batts set at 15.3-now---if thay dont do the deal then i will use some of the other amps i have mybe 2-incrimnator-20.1---are the mmats-1400.1s-i have i just have so many laying around i have 3-sundown-1500s- just love the orion hcca amp power and sq-hard to beat them-----if any one can help me on the box and port--and a good tuneing for the port --i have a 98 explorer-4-door---and lots and lots of sound deading lots on the back door and roof--just let me no what you think

ok my box will be--40''w--15''t--26''d---that gives me like-9.0cf---before---port and brace--let me no what you think i still need to come up with a port that will be good for my box and tuneing i like the 32hz-34hz but i dont no i have never did a ported box before so you tell me what you think will work best

those amps may do that power at 1ohm, but if you wire to 1ohm your going to have imp rise which isnt going to show the amp a final 1ohm load. You will have box rise and coils will heat up and rise as well thats what Im trying to say. If you wire the amp at 1ohm that doesnt mean your getting 1ohm power. Get a Ac clamp and DMM with the ability to track the peak on both, then test the amp to see what you get for volts multipled by amps and that will tell you your clamped power your seeing, then divide them an that will tell you your imp rise. Then you can see what the amp is seeing for imp and you can see what the power the amp is doin 100% for sure. Understand also the freq (hz of a tone, sweep, song) will change the power the amp does some what, so you can get in depth with testing and see what the amp does at every freq etc get a notebook an track all this information. Thats the best I can tell you.

those amps may do that power at 1ohm, but if you wire to 1ohm your going to have imp rise which isnt going to show the amp a final 1ohm load. You will have box rise and coils will heat up and rise as well thats what Im trying to say. If you wire the amp at 1ohm that doesnt mean your getting 1ohm power. Get a Ac clamp and DMM with the ability to track the peak on both, then test the amp to see what you get for volts multipled by amps and that will tell you your clamped power your seeing, then divide them an that will tell you your imp rise. Then you can see what the amp is seeing for imp and you can see what the power the amp is doin 100% for sure. Understand also the freq (hz of a tone, sweep, song) will change the power the amp does some what, so you can get in depth with testing and see what the amp does at every freq etc get a notebook an track all this information. Thats the best I can tell you.

first i have to do the box right now i need a good port for the box tuned to like 32hz i just dont no how to do it i have never did a ported box this is my first so i need some help with the port and tuneing i would like to get this box done asap i would love to do 146.0 but first got to do the box right now i cant do anything till i get a port for the box all my batts and wires and mids and hiend and kicks are done--any one that can help me with the port thanks

It depends on real world power you get out of your amps, as for electrical you got a good plan man. Depends on where you wire the amps vs your imp rise to be honest as a hint ryan has his single 18 wired at 1.1ohm, after imp rise his imp at the amp was 3.4ohm. He was getting 1580watts out of a 3k amp after imp rise, people dont realize because an amp is rated at 1ohm doesnt mean your showing it 1ohm....I noticed in all my testing explorers like 42-51hz as a peak. I noticed in explorers you can tune about any where and it still wants to peak in the mid 40hz range. I would say if your wanting daily and comps go 36hz with at least 120sqin of port.

i would do 34hz-36hz--just dont no how to do 120sqin of port never did a ported box---if the 2100s dont do it i will step up the power how much do you think i need on ea sub i have amp everwhere just tell me how much power and i will get it a set of sundown 3000s i just like the ab class amps i am oldschool-this will be my last big setup so i wont to do it right--if i need more power i will get it if i need more batts and alt i will get it =its to late to stop now==any help would be nice

Wow was busy Haven't been able to post! its the Two Door!

no i have a 4 door 98 explorer---went through my amps to day and found 3-ab-vfl-200.1s-and-1-vfl-500.1-forgot i even had the amps i just have somany -any way need to get the box done-all i need now is a good port and tuneing-hz- for the port and i am done

hello from iraq now....Use WINISD its a free download an that will help you get your port correct. Enter the box size and tunning then it will give you an answer, its easy to use. I like to go with a minimum of 4inch wide port opening the rest is up to you as far as where you want your tuning

hello from iraq now....Use WINISD its a free download an that will help you get your port correct. Enter the box size and tuning then it will give you an answer, its easy to use. I like to go with a minimum of 4inch wide port opening the rest is up to you as far as where you want your tuning

man what you doing in iraq--not a good place to be--thanks man

Archived