hey i just came upon an HID kit and i was really pleased with the price.. now just a big question.. should i expect to get good quality for about $100 installed.. never really had any HID lights so dont really know what to look for..

before

IMGP1986.jpg

after

IMGP1989.jpg

Edited by manny10473

well they look brighter, but could be because it was at nite. Look good to me tho man

How blue r they in person?

Ride: 2001 BMW325ci

Headunit: Alpine ida-x305

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Sub: (1) 15" DC Audio Level 5 D2 ohm

Amp for sub: MTX 4001d

Box: custom built 3.5 cuft ported

Power: 220amp alt from ohio gen, 2 kinetik 2400s in back

(Armoredhaulin @ May 29 2009, 08:34 AM)

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

well they look brighter, but could be because it was at nite. Look good to me tho man

How blue r they in person?

they look brighter because of glare

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

^ could be the angle of the pic, or yeah needs to be aimed proper

and overall its hard to tell as the day and night difference and the different angle between the 2 pics, but o well HIDs are always brighter anywas :P

ive seen a few sets for around $100 before, but never installed, although install isnt that big of a deal, i guess ull see how long ur ballasts last :)

siggy.jpg

personally never had hid lights..so i like them.. and i think they need to be aimed straight.. the one on the rite is like slightly off.. and well ill try to get a pik 2morrow so we could all see how they look in the day.. i havent yet seen them..lolz.. barely got them put in tonite..

personally never had hid lights..so i like them.. and i think they need to be aimed straight.. the one on the rite is like slightly off.. and well ill try to get a pik 2morrow so we could all see how they look in the day.. i havent yet seen them..lolz.. barely got them put in tonite..

I'm surprised people aren't giving you a hard time for using stock halogen projectors. The thing with HID bulbs in halogen housings is it usually causes a really bad glare and it pisses off other drivers, but its hard to tell through pictures. But looks better than halogens so nice buy.

Edited by Thewes
teamsundown-1.jpg