Lowroll Posted May 28, 2009 Author Report Posted May 28, 2009 So last night I sanded the bondo i had layed down the night before. I finished the sanding today & threw down a coat of resin on all the sides but the back. Its about done now. & for my amps I went with 2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's they are 2200 watts @ 1 ohm. with 1 amp to 2 subs ill have 1100 watts per sub, 4400 total. Not bad for a standard cab with no pass through. Current System: Pioneer 6900 HU Front Stage: (for now) Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs Bass: 4 Soundstream RW-12's 2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's single chamber box, 2.65 cubes. Currently under the knife being bagged Rebuilding err'thang
Hostility Posted May 29, 2009 Report Posted May 29, 2009 So last night I sanded the bondo i had layed down the night before. I finished the sanding today & threw down a coat of resin on all the sides but the back. Its about done now. & for my amps I went with 2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's they are 2200 watts @ 1 ohm. with 1 amp to 2 subs ill have 1100 watts per sub, 4400 total. Not bad for a standard cab with no pass through. how long is that box? in my s10 i measured i could fit 42" box across. and if you can fit 4 12's then maybe i can i have an ext cab also though with fold down seats. maybe thats why you have more room. 99 s10 4.3L Big 3 220amp alt Odyssey 1500 Odyssey 2150 Northstar NSB 75 Sundown Audio 3500D Sundown Audio 125.2 3 Sundown Audio SA-12's Alpine H/U RF Power Comp set 6.5" RF 3 sixty line driver 5.25 cubes @ 31hz
Lowroll Posted May 29, 2009 Author Report Posted May 29, 2009 My box is 52 inches wide. My truck is only a standard cab. Current System: Pioneer 6900 HU Front Stage: (for now) Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs Bass: 4 Soundstream RW-12's 2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's single chamber box, 2.65 cubes. Currently under the knife being bagged Rebuilding err'thang
alaskanbass Posted May 29, 2009 Report Posted May 29, 2009 damn thats gonna sound nice.. clarion cz500 head unit Kinetik hc600 2 level 3 15s in a 4th order mb quart 1500.1 (for now untill i get a dc 1.2k) all knu konceptz wiring in a 2009 ford flex -DISKOLORED AUDIO- -Authorized Dealer for DC Soundlab in Alaska-
Hostility Posted May 29, 2009 Report Posted May 29, 2009 My box is 52 inches wide. My truck is only a standard cab. ah you get the extra 10" 99 s10 4.3L Big 3 220amp alt Odyssey 1500 Odyssey 2150 Northstar NSB 75 Sundown Audio 3500D Sundown Audio 125.2 3 Sundown Audio SA-12's Alpine H/U RF Power Comp set 6.5" RF 3 sixty line driver 5.25 cubes @ 31hz
neuspeedescort Posted May 29, 2009 Report Posted May 29, 2009 ah you get the extra 10" thats what she said! box looks nice. i like the fact your thinking of a tuned sealed enclosure. not many people figure that out. there is a reason manufactures give airspace windows. its not for people to be sloppy in there builds and get away with it. NEUMAN
Gotz1lung Posted May 29, 2009 Report Posted May 29, 2009 40-50hZ IS GONNA HURT IN THAT THING... I dunno, maybe i just old, but i love the way a sealed box sounds with GAWDS of power...Dont get me wrong tho, i wouldnt can my ports for nothin... 93 Chevy Silverado Crossfire,Dayton Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s DC Audio Dealer and Team Member
swervinburban Posted May 29, 2009 Report Posted May 29, 2009 Looks good!! How much clearence will you have between subs and seat? I know when I had my single cab nissan I messed up quite a few sub surrounds before I went to blow though. But I am 6'2" so I had the seat jammed back. Just wouldn't want you to damage you subs like I did Under construction soon to be: 2 DD Z9518's 8 lunar L1500's (500rms each) Secondskin Dampner pro 250a Mechman rhino alt 4 runs of 2/0 (installed) 4 batteries (installed) 6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)
Lowroll Posted May 30, 2009 Author Report Posted May 30, 2009 Im waiting on the resin to dry now, going out tonight but ill be working on it more tomorrow. gotta sand it and decide how i want to cover it, then gonna drill some holes for some all thread to use as my speaker terminals. hopefully my first amp will get here this week and then ill be starting on my center console. i still havent decided how im going to mount the amps nd still be able to get to the adjustment screws. im hoping to pull like mid or high 140's with this box in my truck. Im going from street 1 to modified 4 in one step. Current System: Pioneer 6900 HU Front Stage: (for now) Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs Bass: 4 Soundstream RW-12's 2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's single chamber box, 2.65 cubes. Currently under the knife being bagged Rebuilding err'thang
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.