Sundown Audio

Alpine Amps?

hamel52

i have an alpine pdx 1.1000 and was thinking about adding a 1.600 to it to power two 12" Fi SSD subs which are rated at 800 rms each which matches the total output of the two amps together. Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to run master/slave on these alpine amps so i could get the total watts to both subs? i know they are stackable just dont know if i can hook it up the way im thinking.

Guest KyleCannon

You cannot run 1.100 with a 1.600 to subs... it's unbalanced... well at least to the same subwoofer or coils... there is no way to master slave it except matching the voltages with the DMM.

You cannot run 1.100 with a 1.600 to subs... it's unbalanced... well at least to the same subwoofer or coils... there is no way to master slave it except matching the voltages with the DMM.

so you think i should save up and buy another 1.1000 and run each one to each sub or maybe what i was thinking was getting a rockford fosgate t2000 i see they dropped the price down to about 550 on sonicelectronix because of the release of the 2500? hm any suggestions?

Archived