Vista

Guest Nismofreak

Guest Nismofreak

jesus fucking google it stop making everyone do your bitch work i googled it and found it in like 5 seconds

"Battlefield 2

We ran Battlefield 2 in both its native un-patched state and with the latest 1.3 patch, and both of them seemed to work just fine. There's one significant gotcha that crept up several times in our testing: Punkbuster. The Punkbuster anti-cheating code is a common part of many online games (particularly shooters), and it works by scanning game files to make sure they're not compromised. Most Battlefield 2 servers have Punkbuster enabled, and when we joined one, we got promptly kicked out of the game with a message saying Punkbuster failed due to "inadequate O/S privelages."

The solution is simple enough: right-click the BF2 trash, choose Properties, and then in the Compatibility tab check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator." After doing this, we encountered no problems joining any server. "

You don't have to be a fucken asswhole. Thanks for finding it.

sweet thanks bibby i sold my 1gig and upgraded to 2 gigs and got it to work

Looks good dude.

I also heard that Vista uses a ton of system Ram...Is this myth or true.. I have Xp home...It jams...I am not good with change so it will be awhile before I upgrade...

I idle at around 600mb. but my computer can handle all the features, and does run them. Like i said before, vista will recognice what you can and cant run, and wont run the shit your comp can't handle.

So should I upgrade 2 gig to get max performance?

I'd say at least a gig. My bro has a gig ram with vista and it runs kinda slow still.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

You don't have to be a fucken asswhole. Thanks for finding it.

right but you wrote in all caps like you were gonna die if you didnt find it in 10 seconds like seriously if its that urgent to you type in a few letters into the google search bar easy as that. if you cant find it on google then come here and maybe we can help you all i typed in was "bf2 on vista" in google so i mean cmon do a little research before you come here yelling at us to get you answers.

pffftttt vista. hehe

I thought about going with Vista, decided not too. then I thought about going with XP Pro until support ended. That also changed. Now I'm using linux with XP Pro in VMware, and most, if not all, Vista like eye candy. You can't see everything that's running on the 4 screens, but, I'll let you know: Terminal (command line), Television, 2 sessions of firefox, superkaramba, k3b (Cd/DVD burner doing it's thing burning a dvd), file manager, kopete (aim, icq, yahoo, google talk, msn), XP Pro in VMware which is runing bass box pro 6 and a session of firefox. Lotsa stuff going on.

Posted Image

Didn't mean to highjack the topic though.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Archived