Second Skin Audio

T-line / New Box Ideas

infkt

Alright guys i just made a T-Line and it isnt doing to well, i calculated it out to 8.5ft of port at 176sqin tuned at 33hz but mine was 8.5ft at 165sqin, dont know if that matters that much. Also when i took the sub out of the other box and put it in the t-line it sounded like it was bottoming out but it DEFINITELY WAS NOT. So i need a T-line masters input and also whats the best truck box? as per say sub up port up? im not trying to wall this at all since its only 1 15" but i dont want to sound like a truck with 12" shallows (not knocking anyone who is doing that)

The Truck is a 02 Dodge 2500 Cummins if that helps

Not all subs are built for Tlines. Some SPL subs work great in Tlines, others are sloppy as hell

I have never had a problem with line area when I start off with a small line, and work to a larger opening

aci152.jpg

This is Choked, and it starts off with a small opening and slightly flares larger towards the exit

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Its Ran off a DD z-LV, not sure on how many watts its getting exactly, its enough to push it, without it getting smelly

and forever, the box i build is ruffly like that except it isnt choked,

using the same picture you have its about 2' x 2' x 3' x2' (thats not exact but a ruff idea) and i dont have that box/ space user in mine.

Archived