Jump to content

Head Unit Install Help


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey Guys

I just got my new head unit Kenwood Excelon X493. My question is.... Do you guys just cut the factory wiring harness and splice the new wires into the factory wiring harness? or do you guys buy a plug and just plug it into the factory wiring plug?

I am going to just run my speakers off the head unit for right now (if that helps).

I could sure use so help?

Thanks in advanced.

1995 Jeep Yj

Rubicon Express Lift

BFG Tires

Warn 9000lbs Winch

KC offroad lights

1999 Mercury Mountaineer

(need to install)

12in Sub

Soundstream Amp

1/0 wire

4 Channle Amp

Replace the factory head unit

Posted

its a hell of a lot easier if you buy the new wiring plug, so that you wont have to splice them. usually the plugs will color cordinate with the wires coming from your hu so it makes things easier.

or atleast, thats how its been on the 4 cars ive installed new head units into.

hope that helps

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Posted

Thanks Guys

I bought it from crutchfield, they sent me a harness but it is long and skinny and the factory one is square. I was a little confused. So I thought that maybe i was to just splice the new one in. But I guess not.

1995 Jeep Yj

Rubicon Express Lift

BFG Tires

Warn 9000lbs Winch

KC offroad lights

1999 Mercury Mountaineer

(need to install)

12in Sub

Soundstream Amp

1/0 wire

4 Channle Amp

Replace the factory head unit

Posted

this is what yours should look like if its the 95 yj in your sig

http://www.thetwistergroup.com/store/custo...9&source=fr

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Posted

you have the same model jeep as my friend does and i used a harness in it with no problems. If you bought it from Crutchfield, then i would imagine you recieved the correct one.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Posted

Thanks Guys but its not for my jeep haha

it's for the other car in my sig... a 1999 mercury mountaineer.

They sent me two harnesses, I believe they are to bypass the factory amp, but I dont have a factory amp.

The factory radio harness is square, and the ones they sent me are rectangular?

Maybe they sent me the wrong one?

1995 Jeep Yj

Rubicon Express Lift

BFG Tires

Warn 9000lbs Winch

KC offroad lights

1999 Mercury Mountaineer

(need to install)

12in Sub

Soundstream Amp

1/0 wire

4 Channle Amp

Replace the factory head unit

Posted

Thanks for the help, problem solved.

They sent me the wrong one haha

no big deal hope to have the right on soon

again thank you guys

1995 Jeep Yj

Rubicon Express Lift

BFG Tires

Warn 9000lbs Winch

KC offroad lights

1999 Mercury Mountaineer

(need to install)

12in Sub

Soundstream Amp

1/0 wire

4 Channle Amp

Replace the factory head unit

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 867 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...