Image Dynamics Hlcd

mxer111

okay before everybody starts in on me i did search and i didnt find the answer for my particular question. I had two 15'' cheapies from crunch and rf power series comps. I drive a probe so the bass was so dumb loud that i only know partial songs now. Now i've got the whole car gutted ho alt on the way batt. bank on the way going all out. rippen the seat out to make room for two 18".

Okay now to the question. Has anyone had any real to life experience with the waveguide setup from usdaudio I want it loud but i want it clear. I think i'll go 10" mids in door (or maybe 8") and waves under dash. Never really cared a whole lot about SQ but I'm tired of just rattlen around blowen hair back i want to hear the music. so somebody let me know what you think about that setup. it would be great if even negative feed back gave me some ideas. you know not just "that would suck"

Thanks guys.

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

i dont kno wtf a wave guide is unless its somethin to do with bose, but i run kicker ks 6&1/2 comps, and 6&1/2 coax off a memphis pr 150.2 n it drowns out my bass if i go past 1/4 gain on amp, so that might be a good setup for u, and they sound good also

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i dont kno wtf a wave guide is unless its somethin to do with bose, but i run kicker ks 6&1/2 comps, and 6&1/2 coax off a memphis pr 150.2 n it drowns out my bass if i go past 1/4 gain on amp, so that might be a good setup for u, and they sound good also

It's a HLCD (horn loaded compression driver). made by usd audio. the wave guide is the horn. its suppose to deliver amazing front staging from under the dash, eat lots of power, and get loud as all hell. how many sets are you runnin up front? what kinda subs are we talkin about drowning out. everyone told be that rf power comps would drown out my 2 15's, but in my little two door probe (never buy a probe..... ever) i could not even hear the highs much less the mids.

Thanks man.

Horns are very very efficient. The usually only need 25 watts to get very loud.

How do they sound. Ive only seen the video of installs but that doesnt tell you too much. I wanna know how loud and good they sound with an 8 inch mid compared to let say the rockford power 6.5 component set or similar.

2 mtx 8000 15's on 800-1000rms ina sealed downfire, and one set of comps up front, n one set of coax in back

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

heres a vid of my system for reference, Posted Image

Posted Image

its decently loud, i unno what it does db wise but by all means my mids n highs are way loud enough, all this is from 1/8-1/4 gain

heres a vid of my system for reference, Posted Image

Posted Image

its decently loud, i unno what it does db wise but by all means my mids n highs are way loud enough, all this is from 1/8-1/4 gain

thanks man i'll have to look into a set of those for sure. but for some reason i'm still hung up on those HLCD's. lol i wish someone would just tell me something terribly wrong with them so i can just log them out of my head lol. system sounds pretty good though man. clean install too. :good:

thankx, im still tryin to get it louder, i kno its got more into it, if i can get these to move this much sealed i kno it will kick ass ported, and u talkin bout like the image dynamic compression horns? my friend put those under the dash of a bmw 750i he didn't a built for n with all the mids n highs in that thing it had not one bit distortion at all

The horns will get very F"ing loud. They are just hard to fit in smaller vehicles.. If you have the room , they are screamers....You will need something to play up to 2-3k Htz. to fill the gap..

I'm not talking about the cheap as piezos'...

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

Archived