Sonic Electronix

I had a 13 cube wall in my cavalier. with room to spare. dont be scurred. I can tell you this but it will not like low 50s high 40s. It ripped the sail panels off the doors. (by the mirrors) cracked the dash all to hell as well. broke my dome light. fucked up my mirror. you will not get the air space for an 18 in the trunk. do a wall 2 18s is doable. If i kept the car it was getting 4 15s 10kw and dual alts but its gone now.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

just taking the average of those dimensions, you have about 20^ft3.... that is before panel thickness braces sub and port displacement.

Were those dimensions with the interior panels / seats in or out?

if you build it inside the car to follow the contours, you will likely be able to get a bit more room.

Here is an unfinished picture of my enclosure to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. ( there were more baffles and reinforcement and fiberglass after the picture)

100_2483.jpg

Those measurements were with back seat removed and all plastic panels out. Im thinking ill have to double or triple the face for at least 3 inches of mdf then the rest 2 inches all the way around then stiffen it up with 2x2 and such would would take from the internal volume. I wish i had someone that lived near to me to help thats done a wall in a car. I thought about once done with the project i could have the whole interior rhino lined for sound deadening? Good or bad idea? I have a bunch of 1/4 inch rubber matting that i could do inside the door panels, roof, floor and such for free instead of professional stuff thats thin and need 4+ layers. IDK advice?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

i know my wall will weigh a shit ton, but i am going to do it the easier way and make a frame (of 3/8" steel) in the car first (back, sides, top, and bottom). then just mount all of the mdf to the frame.

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

i know my wall will weigh a shit ton, but i am going to do it the easier way and make a frame (of 3/8" steel) in the car first (back, sides, top, and bottom). then just mount all of the mdf to the frame.

I could do that too but i think aluminum would be much much better to use. The weight adds up quick. Im a welder by trade so i think i know where to get the material and a tig welder. How many cu foot should i give those 15's more then 8cuft? sense i have 20 cuft to work with is it possible to keep it below the window line and extend it into the trunk? Ideas Ideas...

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

WHY WOULD'NT YOU WANT THIS!?

You have thrown a very shiny wrench into my decision between a FiBL fullyloaded, or a DC LVL4XL.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

here ya go

go check out the rest of his vids too

they are sick!!!

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

yes it will be fine do the big three as well it will help mucho in the cav.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.