Sonic Electronix

My New Rcas Cat-5e With Monster Ends

:01nocomment8so:

And where in the 916 Are you from...?

You should come threw and kick it while we build, Pound back a couple brews

Elverta.

that would be alot of fun but im under 18 so Henry's RB.

looks good man

Nothing like quality custom RCA's over store bought

HELL YEAH.

are those actually decent cause i have tons of damn raw cat-5 laying around my place and this would really help when it comes to custom lengths

Make sure it is stranded CAT-5.

I am actually liking that lots. You can say you MADE your own RCAs. The only concern I would have would be moving them around too much. Most CAT5 is single strand wire- it could eventually break the single strand wires. Just something to look out for. Other than that, me likes the custom!

Only the in wall CAT-5 is single strand. But people are stupid and use it as if it where stranded.

Hey that looks pretty good but if your into making custom cables check out the Company Planetwaves.com they make really cool termination kits for custom cables

Thanks i was lookin for that site.

Anyone else thinking of doing this make sure you use stranded flexible Cat5 rather than solid core... solid core will snap as mentioned above if it's bent too often.

^^ what he seed. if you use solid core your a dumb ass.

Edited by 916PublicEnemy2

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

tht looks pretty cool actually, well to me it does

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

Anyone else thinking of doing this make sure you use stranded flexible Cat5 rather than solid core... solid core will snap as mentioned above if it's bent too often.

Ya, sucks i found out all that cat5 i had laying around is single strand and that crap snaps so easy

its twiested pair and smallish guage so it shouldnt pick up interference too well

may just be some really good rca's at the end of the day, like some stinger stage 3 shit.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

its twiested pair and smallish guage so it shouldnt pick up interference too well

may just be some really good rca's at the end of the day, like some stinger stage 3 shit.

I wonder if all the cat6 thats stranded i got laying around will work :unsure:

cat 6 is basically cat 5 with an extra pair of wires in it

and 99% of cat cables are twisted pairs, so you should be good, twisted pair is what makes all the difference with rca's

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

and 99% of cat cables are twisted pairs, so you should be good, twisted pair is what makes all the difference with rca's

ya i know about cat 6 being two more which is good for 6 channels i am just hoping it will be nice quality stuff you know

tht looks pretty cool actually, well to me it does

And it is!

Ya, sucks i found out all that cat5 i had laying around is single strand and that crap snaps so easy

That does suck sorry man.

It doesn't pickup any radio interference at all. we live about 2 mi from two 50KW radio towers.

I wonder if all the cat6 thats stranded i got laying around will work :unsure:

It should.

There is defiantly a difference from twisted and non twisted

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg