Second Skin Audio

Box I Designed (1st Attempt)

This is the box i designed on my first attempt... basically its what i want to build for my truck(94 f150 ext cab)..3 plexiglass panels in the front, backlit with red leds, subs firing up, port front,

max dimensions are: 55L x 20W x 25H tuned @ 32Hz...the box will hold four DC LEVEL 4-12's

IMG001691.jpg

THIS IS THE START OF A PROBLEM THATS LACKING A SOLUTION

MATT402- Thanks for the feedback bro appreciate it i will keep everybody posted and informed as things go

AZNBOI : im gonna use plywood for my build, i dont wanna be like everyone else that does builds, besides i heard that when u use plywood and the box flexes it increases the amount of air that the subs move which i.m.o. would get me at least an extra 5 or 6 DBs..PLYWOOD FTMFW :yahoo:

no if you dont have a good sealed box then you'll lose that pressure and you'll LOSE the dbs.and then with all that flexing that the box will do it'll just end up destroying the box.I mean you could do it with plywood but you'd have to brace the box like hell

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

im gonna use plywood for my build, i dont wanna be like everyone else that does builds, besides i heard that when u use plywood and the box flexes it increases the amount of air that the subs move which i.m.o. would get me at least an extra 5 or 6 DBs..PLYWOOD FTMFW :yahoo:

Can I hit your crack pipe too? :01nocomment8so:

You need to use 3/4 inch mdf, or 3/4 inch birch (which is stonger, denser, lighter then mdf. But costs about 20$ more per sheet).

Edited by Bangin Caddy

Can I hit your crack pipe too? :01nocomment8so:

maybe he was joking and just forgot the LOL part

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

no if you dont have a good sealed box then you'll lose that pressure and you'll LOSE the dbs.and then with all that flexing that the box will do it'll just end up destroying the box.I mean you could do it with plywood but you'd have to brace the box like hell

I was JOKING, ive already got my 3/4 MDF bought, ive got 6 sheets of it right now, ive got to build my center counsole first, waiting for the office to clear me for my vacation days...but thanks for the advice if i ever do decide to use plywood... :friends:

heres a lil preview tho(no pics yet) when i get the saws and router out ill get the pics coming...

Center Counsole- MDF framed(40Lx14Wx18H) padded top on storage compartment, plexiglass, some fiber glass, some led's, 3 amps, and some MB quart... thats all im throwing out there for the center counsole, Kick Panels, A-Pillars, and something custom for a couple sets of 6x9's, Total RMS wattage when the build is 100%= 5200 watts(i AM NOT looking to step into the world of 150+)

seems highly doubtful after reading his signature...

That convo was back in 2001, but its something that i will never forget, we ended up installing about 6 different systems in that car over a 5 year time frame, he now has an Expedition with all CDS components, Kenwood in-dash DVD, 4 screens, and 2-15'' Kicker CVX's, not to mention now hes married and has 3 kids, like the sig says: our FIRST install...The build that im getting ready to start will actually be the 12th COMPLETE(from all factory components to all aftermarket) like i said i may be new to the forum but im not new to the game,