OBI Posted May 28, 2009 Report Posted May 28, 2009 Hey Ive never heard of this but I have a buddy here in my unit who has this strange probelm with his subs. First of he has 2 13.5 W7 each one on its own JL HD750/1. Thing is one of the subs moves uncontrollably when bass notes aren't playing, but plays fine when they are. It excurtes fully in and out when no bass is playing. Didnt have a chance to look at his amps. Also the sub thats doing this you could hear the vc scrapping when you push on it in the center. Its in a ported box he had some guy build for him.
Team_DC-Derrick Posted May 28, 2009 Report Posted May 28, 2009 i would pull the sub out and check the wiring to be honest.. could be some one wired it up wrong or wired it to the amp wrong if you can get a DMM and set them together that would be good 2.... because 1 may be full tilt and other at half.. The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
OBI Posted May 28, 2009 Author Report Posted May 28, 2009 Thing is he told me that it just started doing that outta nowhere. I think he actually might of tore the cone from the spider. But Im planning on taking out the sub next time I see him. Damn I hate taking them W7's out with their weird mounting set up.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.