As far as disassembling the alternator, that wasn't hard, as long as your mechanically inclined, and have a very small socket set. I think I needed 4mm for the side bolts, and 5mm for the inside. I may be wrong

My hardest issue was the belt tensioner.. haha

13mm socket

8mm/ 5/16"

5mm socket

4.5mm socket

I believe thats all I needed for my alt

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Think im heading to the junk yard and grabbing 2 junk alts..

Anyone know the diameter of the overdrive pulley?

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Great find on that site! They sell a 220 amp rebuild kit for my Astro for $103!!! I would say that's a big yes. :)

I got my overdrive pulley from SUMMIT. Like $30 or so for my application. Linky:

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keywor...ulley&dds=1

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Guest Just_Rob

If you guys need overdrive pulleys for your alternators we have the widest selection of overdrive custom pulleys probably on the planet... Most of them run around $35-$40 or so for the hard anodized billet aluminum pulleys..

As for the rebuilding of alts goes, it is not difficult at all until you start working on very late model domestic, and most foreign alts.. My only caution is watch where you buy parts, and STAY AWAY FROM CHINESE PARTS!!! Aside from different components, the basic design of the CS144 is identical to the first 10SI Delco alternator that is now over 30 years old.. And just as a side note, the most common tools you need for most ALL domestic alts are an E8 Torx (1/4" will work), E5 Torx (4MM will work as mentioned), 8MM (5/16"), T15 Torx, and a 15/16" for the pulley...

Good job on the rebuild!! Rob

If you guys need overdrive pulleys for your alternators we have the widest selection of overdrive custom pulleys probably on the planet... Most of them run around $35-$40 or so for the hard anodized billet aluminum pulleys..

As for the rebuilding of alts goes, it is not difficult at all until you start working on very late model domestic, and most foreign alts.. My only caution is watch where you buy parts, and STAY AWAY FROM CHINESE PARTS!!! Aside from different components, the basic design of the CS144 is identical to the first 10SI Delco alternator that is now over 30 years old.. And just as a side note, the most common tools you need for most ALL domestic alts are an E8 Torx (1/4" will work), E5 Torx (4MM will work as mentioned), 8MM (5/16"), T15 Torx, and a 15/16" for the pulley...

Good job on the rebuild!! Rob

Now hows that for a class act! I mean the man gave socket sizes even... Makes me feel like a bigger broke POS that i cant afford to by a "good" alt right now and am left to trenchthrew the muddy junkyards and use the wifes kitchen table to do it myself while praying to god she doesnt come home before i get teh case at least cleaned...

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Hey Rob, how much for a under drive pulley for my CS144 6 groove?

I will buy one for sure! That was my only worry about rebuilding, is keeping the factory pulley and/or the factory + lug

And thank you for chiming in Rob

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I will buy one for sure! That was my only worry about rebuilding, is keeping the factory pulley and/or the factory + lug

Try TRS Electric out of Orlando Florida i just bought two from them the same kind you are looking for you will not be disappointed in there price..

Guest Just_Rob

You are very welcome and thank you for the kind words... Any advice I can give to help you guys out is not a problem.. If anyone ever has questions about something like that, just pick up the phone and call me, I'll be more than happy to help..

One of the overdrive pulleys for your CS144 would be just $35 + shipping, ($6-$7) and they come with new nuts/lockwashers and we ALWAYS have those in stock..

Thanks Power Up, for that price, yeah I may buy one ;-)

I'am betting you will find a lot of business on this forum Power, a lot of people doing the multi alt, or alt rebuilds here

Now come out with some 300amp rebuild kits haha

sundown.jpg

Archived