Second Skin Audio

Blowthrough Design Question

Does anybody know how a center loading chamber effects tuning? I'm kicking around the idea of stepping up from 2-12'' lv4s to 4-12'' lv4s in my blowthrough. I'm picturing a pair on each side of the bed firing into a center chamber and having the port starting at the back of the center chamber with it 90'ing into each side. I've seen a few blowthroughs like this on here, chode's is one that stick out in my mind and also the one with the pair of 15'' BLs in the silverado. The part that is confusing me is does there need to be a relationship in size between the center chamber and the port size? I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Here is what mine looks like right now:

100_1989.jpg

Here is what I want, except with 4-12s:

IMG_4070.jpg

That's jcm1689's box, hope he doesn't mind me posting it.

Edited by KHARPS

I think there's a build in the members build section under RF tacoma with a similier box design except with six subs you maybe able to ack him for some advice!!!

Under construction

soon to be:

2 DD Z9518's

8 lunar L1500's (500rms each)

Secondskin Dampner pro

250a Mechman rhino alt

4 runs of 2/0 (installed)

4 batteries (installed)

6-5 1/4's, 2-6 1/2's, 2-4in all ma audio (installed)

bang080.jpg

i got my 8 12 p1's faceing the center. tuned to 35hz and it more or less only plays stuff from 25 to 35 anything else it is barly audible.

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

Look at Jack's Sleeper. AFAIK it plays pretty flat at extremely high levels across 20-60hz.

You need to look carefully at wavelengths, if you make it too short then you risk cancellation. If it's long enough that you can get a full quarter wave cycle within the length of the box then you ought to be ok, at least that's my understanding of it...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Look at Jack's Sleeper. AFAIK it plays pretty flat at extremely high levels across 20-60hz.

You need to look carefully at wavelengths, if you make it too short then you risk cancellation. If it's long enough that you can get a full quarter wave cycle within the length of the box then you ought to be ok, at least that's my understanding of it...

Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll just try a 4th order then.