Problem With Me Eclipse Cd8445 Headu Nit

SO ... I pulled out my head unit the other day to plug up my ipod to the aux input. Once i was done I put everything back the way it was etc... I go to turn on the head unit and nothing will show up on the display. All the buttons on the faceplate works... it powers on and every thing like it should but the screen display shows nothing at all. It worked just fine b4 i plugged the ipod up and now it dont work. I checked the wires and all looks good. Head Unit is like almost 5 years old but I loved that head unit it was great... Any Ideas what it could be?

Oh yeah... and if I wanted to hook up 2 amps to the same sub per-amp output on the back of the head unit. Would i need to get 2 sets of "y" adapters that plug into the head unit and run 2 sets rca cables one to each amp. Or can I just piggy back from one amp to the other??

Edited by SojiaRaggs9000

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

:unknw: No one?

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )

* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement

* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable

Id really don't wanan have to buy a new HU hopefully someone can give me some insight?

I guess no one knows?

SO ... I pulled out my head unit the other day to plug up my ipod to the aux input. Once i was done I put everything back the way it was etc... I go to turn on the head unit and nothing will show up on the display. All the buttons on the faceplate works... it powers on and every thing like it should but the screen display shows nothing at all. It worked just fine b4 i plugged the ipod up and now it dont work. I checked the wires and all looks good. Head Unit is like almost 5 years old but I loved that head unit it was great... Any Ideas what it could be?

Oh yeah... and if I wanted to hook up 2 amps to the same sub per-amp output on the back of the head unit. Would i need to get 2 sets of "y" adapters that plug into the head unit and run 2 sets rca cables one to each amp. Or can I just piggy back from one amp to the other??

have you ever hooked anything else up besides an ipod to the aux to see if it does that no matter the device?

try reseting the faceplate/headunit itself with the tiny button u need a pencil to push

it might not display anything because ur not using an ipod adapter... so you wont be able to use the headunit to scroll thru the ipod... likely you'll need to still navigate the ipod as usual

just use the output on one sub amp and get a 1meter rca to the other sub amp.... dont use y-splitters if you dont have to... they divide the voltage more so in the long run you turn the gain up more to match it... and o yeah... 8v headunit... holy jebbus

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Hmm, ill try resetting the head unit after work. No I have never plugged anything into aux before. But I dont see why if I unplug the Ipod and go back to listening to a CD why nothing still shows up. *volts bad for a head unit? lol I always thought it was great. Had the thing forever bought back when it cost like $600 brand new.

And when you say this you mean to plug into the pass through on the rf amp and connect to the other amp right?? If so sweet.

o i didnt understand that now when u play a cd it doesnt work either... id just try resetting it, clean the contacts between the faceplate and the housing

nono, 8v is the shit... thats crazy... i didnt know there was a headunit with 8v... good find

and yes... they are called passthru... much easier and u get to keep ur gains set low

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I got an 8454 in the basement. Picked it up and havent even powered it on to see how much fun it is :(

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.