So I Just Dropped Over 1g On My Computer... I Need Comforting... Lol

Intel is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from overpriced, Their technology owned AMD so badly a couple years back it wasn't even funny. Then there's so much scaling that can be done with overclocking the chips it makes it just that much more hard for AMD to keep up. AMD is good bang for the buck... always have been since intel caught back up in the market. Intel chips are worth every bit of the pennies you spend on them and you will see a noticeable increase in performance over AMD. We used to have 8 core operton servers for multimedia rendering... The Stock intel 8 core system which was clocked at the *same speed* since every simple minded person thinks the higher GHZ = more performance...LOL. Finished most of our work 30% faster on the average and the cost differential was actually less for the intel build. You will not be disappointed either way, just depends on what you are using it for I suppose.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

Intel is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from overpriced, Their technology owned AMD so badly a couple years back it wasn't even funny. Then there's so much scaling that can be done with overclocking the chips it makes it just that much more hard for AMD to keep up. AMD is good bang for the buck... always have been since intel caught back up in the market. Intel chips are worth every bit of the pennies you spend on them and you will see a noticeable increase in performance over AMD. We used to have 8 core operton servers for multimedia rendering... The Stock intel 8 core system which was clocked at the *same speed* since every simple minded person thinks the higher GHZ = more performance...LOL. Finished most of our work 30% faster on the average and the cost differential was actually less for the intel build. You will not be disappointed either way, just depends on what you are using it for I suppose.

ya i love how intel is advancing all of their technology this year and end of last and all amd has to answer to it is a black edition processor that overclocks http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif. I've built pc's for friends before using amd but for me and my taste their cheap stuff. When a dual core intel processor can calculate more per second than an amd quad core i end it there, lol.I'll admit im not sold on i7 yet but the 32nm version will do it for me :give_rose:

I will say this i7 definitely is taking anything I can throw at it, even at stock clocks. I doubt ill be able to play with it too much on stock cooling though, gets too hot. We will see once I get this thing chilled.

The main reason I did go ahead and go for it is I really needed to upgrade... was using an old amd 4600... And everything seems to be coming out after Ill already be in college. But, I do now have the new socket, so hopefully anything that comes out ill be ready for if I decide to go for it.

nice stuff you bought.

i have a e8400 overclocked to 4Ghz it's really f**king fast.

I can play almost al games on high with antiailasing at max, except crysis. (videocard=hd4850)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Don't get me wrong, I love Intel but for the price not so much.

I can get AMD's top of the line for a 1/4 of what Intel's is.....

I have been using AMD for a while and they handle everything I throw at them and thats all that I need!

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

nice stuff you bought.

I can play almost al games on high with antiailasing at max, except crysis. (videocard=hd4850)

Thanks man. Yea, now the fun part begins of overclocking. :)

Like I said, I can play crysis on full settins with 8x AA so far, so Im pretty happy

Don't get me wrong, I love Intel but for the price not so much.

I can get AMD's top of the line for a 1/4 of what Intel's is.....

I have been using AMD for a while and they handle everything I throw at them and thats all that I need!

but, what is the actual performance of the top amd to the intel? In my decision, the top AMD phenom I was looking at ended up being around like $50 less than the i7, but the i7 has quite a bit more performance than the top AMD. That combined with the ability to do sli with the video card I wanted in the future made it pretty easy.

But yea, the fact remains you can get all the processing power you need for way less than a $300 cpu

That i7 is the truth. I just bought a CPU with one about a month ago. 6 GB ram and that i7...no lag what so ever.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

nice stuff you bought.

i have that exact setup, i can run the crysis benchmark tool on high 8x anti and get 38avg but then again i have this video card overclocked alot more then the factory overclock was to begin with.This thing stays so cool, it's his radeon 4850 iceq it never goes about 34c according to ccc and gpu-z overclocked to the max ccc allows except for the memory clock which is 30 mhz under its max. I still wanna drop about 3k when 32nm i7 comes out along with the asus 295 (For those that know only 1,000 are gonna made of their special edition) i hope i can one.The regular 295 is 2 275s strapped but the asus 295 is 2 285s strapped and overclocked like crazy, its a beast. OK enough about my ideas of world domination :girl_devil:

Yep you are probably playing games that only utilize two cores; so for you a e8400 OC'd makes sense. Turbo mode can only do soo much. Personally I have various rigs from amd to intel, etc. I think for my next rig I will wait for Core i5 (p55) and possibly even Gulftown. The highest end core i5 is supposed to be a little more expensive than core i7 920 and be a little faster.

As far as video cards I really don't like what Nvidia has been doing lately. I have a BFG GTX 280 and there is no need for me to upgrade it. Hopefully the GTX 300 series will be innovative enough to compete with ATI's 5000 series.

Intel is not going to release 32nm parts before i5, so it may take a while. It could be anywhere from late this year to early next year.

As far as AMD that 3.2 ghz phenom II is the best bang for your buck cpu. Faster than most 775 parts and a little slower than i7 920. In everyday things, you won't notice the difference, unless you are trying to break benchmark records.

777319156.png

Archived