Bit For Router

In the past, I have used a reciprocating saw to cut my subwoofer circles for enclosures and now I am interested in buying a router. I know that I will need a jasper jig to cut the holes but, what kind of bit do I need for the router. Yesterday, I saw the bit you use to round the edges but, I do not know which bit to buy for the actual cutting.

It is called a spiral upcut bit. And the bit to round edges is called roundover bit with different sizes. And the bit to trace another pattern is called flush trim bit. Hope that answered it.

What does the size of the round over bit determine? Is it determined by the size of the wood (example 3/4 mdf) or does it determine the roundness of the wood?

i use diablo brand very strong if you get a upcut bit let me know i have a extra new one ill sell cheap hell i even have a roundover bit

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

you shouldn't have to push very hard for the bit to cut the wood get a new bit and it'll cut like butter and for the guy asking about roundovers it's all about how big you want the rounded edge to be most of the time I use a 3/4 inch round over

Roseville, CA

you shouldn't have to push very hard for the bit to cut the wood get a new bit and it'll cut like butter and for the guy asking about roundovers it's all about how big you want the rounded edge to be most of the time I use a 3/4 inch round over

I figured as much, I only used it a couple of times and it was the first time using a jasper jig and I didn't get great circles like I thought. That and I didn't get the size of hole I wanted. I need to practice I guess.