Anybody Ever Seen An Alt Setup Like This

This is not my vehicle

I thought it was kinda impracticle because it only charges if your moving.. but still kinda tight...

truckprogress011.jpg

AS you can see the alt. is mounted directly to the axle housing and rearend. Charge the batt. bank on the drive to the comp :D

This is not my vehicle!!!!

Edited by mxer111

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

I could see it working well on a 4x4.... with the front axles out FTW! run 6 bishes off it..lol

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

IIRC that's a road racing trick; I guess it causes less parasitic power loss than it would at the motor.

Huh........ Interesting maybe the parisitic power loss is down due to the rotating mass of the shaft itself..... Just a guess but i'm not sure.. It would cool if someone

where to perfect it though.. or maybe they have?

Huh........ Interesting maybe the parisitic power loss is down due to the rotating mass of the shaft itself..... Just a guess but i'm not sure.. It would cool if someone

where to perfect it though.. or maybe they have?

Desktop Dyno isnt loaded on this puter.. but i would be curious to see what the average RPM would be in high gear on the shaft in "X" vehicle...Then you could choose the corrsct pulley setup to get the most out put at you given RPM..

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

if you want to get funky look up turbo driven alts off the exhaust at the back of the car.

-Drew

Now that would be pretty cool.. atleast it would generate something at idle...

Desktop Dyno isnt loaded on this puter.. but i would be curious to see what the average RPM would be in high gear on the shaft in "X" vehicle...Then you could choose the corrsct pulley setup to get the most out put at you given RPM..

It would definitley be hit and miss if you didn't know what you were doing.. But if well planned i think it could be pretty effective ... not as a primary power source but just a little something extra for the battery bank.

Guest Just_Rob

We've done a few of those setups but they are usually ratio'd 1:1 or 1.5:1, driveshafts get turning pretty quick... I've never seen them on anything other than a circle track car, or a trophy truck, never on a street vehicle.. Done right though, they work good...