Sonic Electronix

I'm sorry, if you don't know what you're talking about please don't try to give advice. I hate to be so brutal but it's one of my pet peeves.

They are single 2 ohm. Just give each one its own channel and don't try and run any other speakers off that channel. Doesn't matter if it's a headunit or an amp, unless the amp is a total piece of shit.

99.99999% of car audio stuff these days is 2 ohm stable.

End rant......

EDIT: Nope, not finished quite yet, jeeeesus LordArcane you don't know what you're talking about.

well sorry i'm not a pro at this i suppose you are? not everyone can be as prefect as you. as far as i knew a 4 channel amp could only run 2 ohms on all channels or 4 ohms on all channels my bad for not knowning that 2 channels could be 2 ohms and 2 channels could be 4 ohms and given the fact he wasn't sure if these speakers are single or duel 2 ohms voice coils atleast she never said for sure in this post what they were besides for saying he thinks they are dual 2 ohms coils. we are all here to learn doesn't mean we got to listen to dick heads that know more i was just trying to help the guy out using what i know. and since not many were trying to help him i'm pretty sure hes greatful for me atleast trying to help.

from now on everyone that needs to ask something just pm boon since hes the pro at this stuff don't bother posting on forum just pm him and he'll tell you 100% just how to do it

god what a dick to be so rude about it

So. If he'd gone out and bought 2 2 channel amps instead, which would inevitably cost more and be more complicated to install, solely because of your incorrect advice, do you think he might be just a LITTLE bit annoyed when he found out you didn't know what you were on about and that he'd just wasted a bunch of time and money? I suspect a lot of people don't think about these things before typing.

It's all very good giving advice but if you're not 100% make sure you make that ABUNDANTLY clear to anyone reading it. Don't talk about something like it's fact if you don't know for sure that it is.

I'm not saying don't give advice, I'm saying only give it if you know it's true. Would YOU be pissed off if you made purchasing decisions based on incorrect stuff?? What if you made a bad call that ended up in someone's car catching fire, it's entirely possible. I know a ski forum where you're not allowed to give advice on ski bindings because if someone hurts themselves after setting up their binding wrong (because you told them to) they can track you down and SUE YOU. Would you still be as quick to give advice if you could be sued if it was wrong and caused a loss to someone???

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

They are single 2 ohm. Just give each one its own channel and don't try and run any other speakers off that channel. Doesn't matter if it's a headunit or an amp, unless the amp is a total piece of shit.

99.99999% of car audio stuff these days is 2 ohm stable.

Granted the OP might not know what the hell he's talking about, or his misworded it, but he clearly wrote dual 2 ohm.

As well I disagree, not 99% of everything is 2 ohm stable, especially head unit's. It absolutely DOES matter if it's a headunit or amp. Especially that the headunit in question is 100% NOT 2 ohm stable, this guy would hook up the speakers to it after your advice and be putting his H/U into protection 24/7.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Especially that the headunit in question is 100% NOT 2 ohm stable, this guy would hook up the speakers to it after your advice and be putting his H/U into protection 24/7.

Have you ever actually seen a headunit go into protection?

And what are you basing this 'not 2 ohm stable' on... They get a bit hot but that's it. Just because they don't rate it at 2 ohms doesn't mean it can't do it...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Have you ever actually seen a headunit go into protection?

And what are you basing this 'not 2 ohm stable' on... They get a bit hot but that's it. Just because they don't rate it at 2 ohms doesn't mean it can't do it...

Yes. I have.

If you want to argue with me on the matter read this entire thread, all 4 pages. There's MANY of posters who will prove your theory incorrect.

http://community.crutchfield.com/forums/thread/15414.aspx

Volume > "16", HU resets itself in order to protect it's internal amp
(Example of going into protect)
The radio gets hot, and I don't think it puts out as much bass as the speakers should
(Example of getting hot)

The fact of the matter is in the production factory of a H/U the product is designed from the floor up around a 4ohm speaker (a.k.a. the most common load presented to a H/U. Now, if you read that thread, you'll see that infinity claims that the purpose of their 2 ohm speaker is to act as a 4 ohm load when the motor gets warm and resistance is increased. That's fine and dandy, but still goes back to my first claim, that if the H/U was designed for a 4 ohm speaker, then the 4 ohm speaker would do the same and increase resistance, and at that point is where all the design for sound quality and efficiency would be built from.

Not even to mention I'm sure you know the result of presenting a 2 ohm load to a 4 ohm stable amp? Who hasn't seen that? Who will agree with me that they've seen this example and almost always the amp will cut off and go into protection. It's a fact that the circuit is having to work harder, that goes for H/U's or amps.

Now with all this being said, I've seen many instances where people run infinity's off the H/U and have no real dangerous issues, of course almost every one the headunit would run hotter than usual, but luckily no protection mode. At the same time, some do go into protect.

It's like riding without your seatbelt, there's nothing that says 100% you're going to get a ticket, but does that mean it cant happen? Take the risk if you like, but do your homework before hand and know the facts. The H/U company wont cover it if you use a load they are specifically telling you NOT to use, not because they don't want competition, but because they honestly did not plan for a 2 ohm load. Don't get me wrong, I've said it before, infinity speakers sound amazing, but the FACT is they might have been made for a H/U, but H/U's were NOT made for a 2 ohm load. Going into protection or not, you cannot deny the principle that a heavier load is going to make the amp work harder than it was designed to. Sure it might work, but I personally don't like using my products the way they were not supposed to be used.

If it were me, I'd put them on a 2 ohm stable amp and call it a day. It'll be better not only for the H/U but you'll be giving them the proper power as well.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

i run infinity fronts at 4 ohms and infinity rears at 2ohms off my alpine deck. doesn't go into protection. works all fine.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver