Second Skin Audio

Standard Cab Enclosure Idea (new Member)

Well first off my name is Gabriel.. i drive a 1976 Silverado single cab... and i currently have 4 Cvr 12's running off a hifonics bxi2006D at 2ohm (yea i know not enough power to subs since amp is over-rated). But im only 18 years old and have a part time job, going to start college soon so cant afford anything better lol. Well currently my box IS a HUGE problem for me. I made one just so i could listen to my subs for a while.. but i know the box can make it ALOT BETTER! the current dimentions are 56.5 in length.. 13.5 inches on the bottom (like a truck sub box).. and 7 inches on the top.. (hope you guys understand me!) not sure how much cubic ft that is.. but i know i need at least 1ft per sub and was wondering if this box idea would work for my truck.. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;hl=truck+box (its post #9) (SORRY IF POSTING THAT LINK IS AGAINST THE RULES). Would using a box like that or even the 1st ported box he showed going to work for what i need? I know ported is louder but not sure if i have enough air. If i make the box from post #9 would it work?.. since the air is under the seat.. but would still be connected to the box? or should i just make a sealed box as seen in post #1?

Sorry for all the writing just confused and my current box is only like 2.5cubic ft i think?.. Also will start measuring my truck once i get it as my transmission just blew.. and its currently getting rebuilt... Will try to upload some pics/vids of my current box though.

You might not have enough room to build a proper enclosure for 4 12's. In alot of cases 2 12's in a properly built ported box will sound better and be louder than four that are choking for airspace. just my .02

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

You might not have enough room to build a proper enclosure for 4 12's. In alot of cases 2 12's in a properly built ported box will sound better and be louder than four that are choking for airspace. just my .02

yea thats what i was thinking but since i bought all 4 i just decided to use them.

Well it might be a waist to have them if you could be louder with two. Why not sell two and just go with 2 in a good ported box?

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

I've got a 15 in a single cab but I made a box between my two bucket seats.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=46705

Do a blow though!! If you dont know what that is its when you extend the box into the truck box. Then theres no problems with airspace. ive seen 15's done in a single cab.

well im not really sure on how to go on about doing that.. not sure how i would end up sealing the bed so the box doesnt get wet.. and also doesnt the bed have to move seperate from the cab.. as in when going up a speed bump?.. they move in opposite directions..not sure if you know what i mean.. Also my funds ARE VERY LIMITED.. was thinking about selling all 4 CVR's and buying 2 L5's 12''? think that would be better then the 4 cvr's?

well im not really sure on how to go on about doing that.. not sure how i would end up sealing the bed so the box doesnt get wet.. and also doesnt the bed have to move seperate from the cab.. as in when going up a speed bump?.. they move in opposite directions..not sure if you know what i mean.. Also my funds ARE VERY LIMITED.. was thinking about selling all 4 CVR's and buying 2 L5's 12''? think that would be better then the 4 cvr's?

Yeah the bed moves and flex's a little but people still do them. Many single cab owners are doing these blowthoughs and supprisingly new truck owners. I think its better off doing it. I planned on doing a blowthough in my s10 with a 18" fi btl. What you do is make so the enclosure isnt fastened to the bed but to the cab itself and seal it up there. As for the box deteriating bed line it or waterproof it. If you would like pm me and ill help you out on a blowthough

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Yeah the bed moves and flex's a little but people still do them. Many single cab owners are doing these blowthoughs and supprisingly new truck owners. I think its better off doing it. I planned on doing a blowthough in my s10 with a 18" fi btl. What you do is make so the enclosure isnt fastened to the bed but to the cab itself and seal it up there. As for the box deteriating bed line it or waterproof it. If you would like pm me and ill help you out on a blowthough

Well the idea of a blowthrough sounds nice.. but honestly dont think i would be able to make it. its also my daily vehicle and wouldnt want to risk ruining it.. might just go with 2 L7's ported.. or do you guys know of any sub BETTER then the L7 with the SAME or a LITTLE MORE OR LESS length?.. seeing as its a standard cab?

Archived