Second Skin Audio

First Box Build

ok box is for 2 alpine type-r 10's 1.3 cubes per chamber ported to 33hz if i did math right box will be 30" wide 14" high and 16.5" deep out of 3/4" mdf

not the best made box in the world but its coming together better then i planned on even tho some of the cuts at off was using very old table saw :/ anyways heres some pictures of it of where its at right now sorry i forgot to take pics befor this point been busy in yard and with kid plus trying to do this all at same time :)

back of the box

P1000465.jpg

back of box close up on port where is it opens to each chamber

P1000467.jpg

front of the box

P1000466.jpg

front of box close up on port opening

P1000468.jpg

not sure on finsh yet once i get is all sanded and routered i might to like a bed liner type of coating maybe or carpet i want something that can take a beating since box will be in back of my jeep and i tend to carry chains tools and what ever else family has me put back there

on and i want to put bolts out the back for speaker hook ups not that i will be changing ohm load or nothing just trying to take cheaper route right now on this box i planned on 1/4" bolts what size eyelets (sorry for spelling) would i need to get to go over the bolts? or should i switch to a 5/16" bolt then what eyelet size would i need for those?

little more done :) not much long now befor box will be ready to use

all rough sanded down and top and bottom screwed in place to make it stronger

P1000469.jpg

P1000471.jpg

P1000470.jpg

all screws per drilled and counter sinked not taking any chances on wood spiltting

P1000473.jpg

inside of chambers silconed to help seal any cracks glue might have missed :)

P1000476.jpg

glueing back in place

P1000477.jpg

P1000478.jpg

The port going to each chamber in the back looks kind of small. How many cubes and what are the square inches of the port?

Oh and nice use of glue excess for the win :) thats how i do mines

Edited by Crump-T1

The port going to each chamber in the back looks kind of small. How many cubes and what are the square inches of the port?

each chamber is 1.3 cubes each opening of chamber to port is 1 3/4" wide 10" high then the main port is 2" wide 10"inches high 13 1/4" long i'll post i 3d rendering of how i designed the port i just hope math is done right lol