I dont know anything about electrical upgrades at all and a couple of people, including a guy at bestbuy told me i should get a capacitor. What does a cap even do? is it even worth it? I have an 06 silverado and Im running 3 12'' jl w3's off a kenwood kac9013d that claims to be putting out 900 rms. My voltage usually drops from just over 14V down to 12 when my bass hits. Would a capacitor help this and how do you even wire them up?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Caps are nowhere near as useful as most people claim they are. They are only useful if you have no voltage drop. I would say don't do it. If you have voltage issues (are you dipping in the low or high 12's?) I would say save your money for big 3/alt/batts.

Too many projects, too little time...

get another battery not a capacitor.. i bought a capacitor and it didnt help shit lol. i dimmed more with a capacitor in. just get another battery.. its a lot better and people at bestbuy say that so they can get you to buy it.. biggest waste of cash.

four sundown 3500s

four IA death penalties 18 in

in a chevy 1500

I dont know anything about electrical upgrades at all and a couple of people, including a guy at bestbuy told me i should get a capacitor. What does a cap even do? is it even worth it? I have an 06 silverado and Im running 3 12'' jl w3's off a kenwood kac9013d that claims to be putting out 900 rms. My voltage usually drops from just over 14V down to 12 when my bass hits. Would a capacitor help this and how do you even wire them up?

this is how to hook one up. as for if it helps well thats a good question i've heard some say yes and some say no. i have a rf 1 fraud cap but no volt meter so not sure if it helps but i know it holds one hell of alot of power even my small on fused some 4 gauge wire together one day when i was un hooking it and the wires touched :/

power_capacitor_wiring_two.gif

Caps are nowhere near as useful as most people claim they are. They are only useful if you have no voltage drop. I would say don't do it. If you have voltage issues (are you dipping in the low or high 12's?) I would say save your money for big 3/alt/batts.

Thats what I always thought about capacitors but a bunch of people think they do alot so i figured I'd ask some people who know what there talking about. Is this normal that my volts drop only running 900 watts at the most which im guessing is overrated by kenwood. What are some price ranges for the alt and batt upgrades?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

get another battery not a capacitor.. i bought a capacitor and it didnt help shit lol. i dimmed more with a capacitor in. just get another battery.. its a lot better and people at bestbuy say that so they can get you to buy it.. biggest waste of cash.

can you run more than one batter from a stock alternator without risk of killing the alternator after a while? also what type of battery?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Is this normal that my volts drop only running 900 watts at the most which im guessing is overrated by kenwood.

I'm running 340 and I get a voltage drop. Whether or not it's normal I'm not sure, but it depends on how many amps your stock alt is, what other accessories are working, class of amp, etc etc...IIRC class AB amps are known to draw more power for the same RMS rating than, say, a class D.

Too many projects, too little time...

can you run more than one batter from a stock alternator without risk of killing the alternator after a while? also what type of battery?

im running a yellow top and blue top off a stock alternator. its fine. just make sure you watch your volts.

four sundown 3500s

four IA death penalties 18 in

in a chevy 1500

im running a yellow top and blue top off a stock alternator. its fine. just make sure you watch your volts.

what do youmean by watch the volts? and about how much do one of those batteries go for?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3