Sealed Box Tricks

Not sure if u guys remember or not but i have 2 05 XXX 15s in a custom dual chambered sealed box 2.5cu per sub. I yanked the subs for the first time since they went in and i siliconed a few of the screwed going thru the box which I've never done and re silconed the 8g wires just in case. I'm also spraying the inside with a thick layer of second skin spectrum to make sure everything is sealed up good. Any other tricks or advice? I cant think of anything but I'm trying to squeeze as much as i can to hopefully make a 150 by this month. I still need to seal off the trunk and that's gonna make the biggest difference but i don't think ill be able to pull it off by the next USACI comp

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Make sure that box is like a rock.

The smallest panel flex will hurt you.

Ducttape over the woofer flange.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

You're trying to break 150's with 2 15's in a trunk car, sealed?

I wish you the best of luck my good sir.

loudest i've done so far is 148.7.... might have been a fluke thou bc ive mainly been staying in the 146/147 range. we'll see how i do with my new 18v T4kw thou

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Make sure that box is like a rock.

The smallest panel flex will hurt you.

Ducttape over the woofer flange.

box is rock solid. car not so much. the whole trunk is like a vortex of air and cancellation at the moment. any tips on how to get the XXX v3 to move less? playing my 31hz demo song has taken a bit of a toll on the XXX suspension its pretty loose.... i can break the cone before ill ever heat up the coil

That is the downside to that sub. So much motor. All u can do is recone

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

lol i wouldnt quite consider it a downside at this point but ya. I'm waiting for greg to shoot me a price and i might do that before the comp if i have funds and time. i may need to actually seal it off to get 150 but who knows

here is how you can get that sealed box louder try porting it j/k but seriously every time i seal up a box really good all i do is blow the dustcap off or it will start leaking air around the surround.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

nope staying sealed. i'm not willing to loose the SQ to go ported. i can possibly put something in the box to shrink the internal volume and bump up the peak freq a few hz, possibly gain some db there. any thoughts?

yeah you can try that and adjusting the subsonic setting might help with that 31 hertz excursion.or here is 1 idea i did this once 4 a guy i built him a ported box tuned to 45 hertz 4 burps and a cover plate 4 the port to seal it up 4 daily bumpin 'he did not like ported boxes but wanted good numbers so it was the best of both worlds

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Archived