just wondering if its possible... i got a viper 5701 i believe 2-way with remote state.. well my car is standard... on the manual it says i have to do a certin pattern before i turn the car off before it'll work... well the pattern is a pain.. so anyway i can just bypass it ??

sum alarms have a bypass mod that u can get for stick shifts but most people that install remote starts wont do it cuz of liability

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

it can be be done, my boy had a neon with remote start and a 5 speed, he had to install him self cause it did need a module to do it, the big problem you will find is that a lot of shops will not install it because if the chance that if the car is in gear and you try to remote start the car could jump. his module would see if the car was in gear from what he told me and if it was it would not try to start. maybe a waiver or a mom and pop shop might do but from what i was told from friends that have worked for car toys, quality auto sound and best buy they would not install the remote start

and if you do get install dont forget to set brake and keep the car out of gear

Edited by 04yzfr1

it can be be done, my boy had a neon with remote start and a 5 speed, he had to install him self cause it did need a module to do it, the big problem you will find is that a lot of shops will not install it because if the chance that if the car is in gear and you try to remote start the car could jump. his module would see if the car was in gear from what he told me and if it was it would not try to start. maybe a waiver or a mom and pop shop might do but from what i was told from friends that have worked for car toys, quality auto sound and best buy they would not install the remote start

and if you do get install dont forget to set brake and keep the car out of gear

It's suprising how many customers we have to turn away because we won't put remote starts on sticks... i've done it a couple times. Look into compustar, they make some good units for sticks.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Any remote start can go on a stick....On newer vehicles...if you want to bypass the clutch you can look at the top of the pedal.....there should be 2 wires going into it......cut those wires and butt connect them together......now you will be able to start your car without having to push in the clutch......or DEI makes a bypass.......it is $75.00...i can sell you one if you need it.....let me know

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

I install remote starts, and there's specific ones that I'll install only on manual transmissions, because they're meant for manual transmission cars. The "arm" sequence is a safety device to ensure that the car is not in gear and the e-brake is on the next time you go to restart it. If you open the door, it'll disarm it. If you open the trunk, it'll disarm it. No safe way getting around it, and I wouldn't mickey mouse some bullshit just so it'll work. Too many accidents and injuries from guys doing that and seeing their car crash into a wall or hit someone.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Any remote start can go on a stick....On newer vehicles...if you want to bypass the clutch you can look at the top of the pedal.....there should be 2 wires going into it......cut those wires and butt connect them together......now you will be able to start your car without having to push in the clutch......or DEI makes a bypass.......it is $75.00...i can sell you one if you need it.....let me know

I wouldn't go on forums telling people how to bypass the clutch safety switch and potentially get someone hurt or killed. Plus not all of them work like that.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160