Sonic Electronix

I say find a member on here loacllay. I know there are a few in orlando and close! Just make sure everythign you said about amp tuning and all that is legiate lol so you dont get dogged for lying. Have them look at it. It honestly sounds like you know nothing about car audio lol. Im not saying that to be mean, its just what im hearing. Type X subs with almost no power on them, for real?! Blowing GOOD kicker subs in days! Have some member on here that has done good installs and sounds knowledgable and have them look at it.

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

I agree...there is no way in hell you can blow a l7 off 500 watts if it's hooked up how it should be. I honestly don't think you know what you are doin. Just have someone check it oil before you mess somethin else up. And like blazer said I'm not tryin to be an ass but it's gonna save you from continually creating more problems.

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

I agree...there is no way in hell you can blow a l7 off 500 watts if it's hooked up how it should be. I honestly don't think you know what you are doin. Just have someone check it oil before you mess somethin else up. And like blazer said I'm not tryin to be an ass but it's gonna save you from continually creating more problems.

This

Something somewhere is not wired right most likely. You shouldn't be blowin through subs like that.

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

i dont know i just would like to find some more power acoustik fubars and a rf 6002 like i used to have and call it aday i had that old system for 4 years and didnt have one problem but were can i post at to find someone close to me so go see so uns car beleave me

Probably too late at this point, but I would say some detailed pics of your set up might help us what the problem is. You would have to do some work though so we can see all the wiring. I don't know, just a thought. You're best bet would be to try and find a someone from the forum close to you that is willing to take a look.

15xtrur.png

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

the only pic i have is of the system before going in i want to get more pics but my son lost my camra and i dont know how to load pics on here of the system from my phone but here is the pics i got how u post pics i can figure out how to

one of those subs needs about 1000rms to play properly.

youve got two. that makes 2000rms you need for power.

youve got 500, which is 250rms each.

=> U need a better amp, you're overworking the amp when you turn up the volume therefor clipping the signal making your subs sound shitty.

'99 Civic hatch

18" AA Chaos - 7cuft @ 34hz - 114sq in. port

Mac Audio Fearless ~ 1000wrms @ 2 Ohms

Videos:

Youtube

one of those subs needs about 1000rms to play properly.

youve got two. that makes 2000rms you need for power.

youve got 500, which is 250rms each.

=> U need a better amp, you're overworking the amp when you turn up the volume therefor clipping the signal making your subs sound shitty.

i know that now thats y im using my mtx sub intill i get a bigger amp

would a rockford 1000.1db be good for my subs are should i go with a more watts amp some kid wants to trade me my jl amp for his rockford amp

would a rockford 1000.1db be good for my subs are should i go with a more watts amp some kid wants to trade me my jl amp for his rockford amp

type X has a power handling range of 500-1000wrms. So yeah you could run the 1kw amp and feed each sub 500w or you can get a 2kw amp and run each at 1000w. You're call. How loud do you want to be. Mind you, type X subs are more for SQ. So what is your definition of loud? only asking this because you brought up the fact that your dad and bro are "louder." Okay....off to bed... :lazy:

15xtrur.png

Archived