Guest KyleCannon

You want something nasty for your car hit up my sig and shoot me an e-mail.... I can get you a quote on a DC Alt and see what the biggest thing we can put in there for the amount of money you spend. Also, I recommend more output at idle rather than at top end... but thats just me.

Don't be afraid to run the alternator backwards. You will loose about 20% of your cooling, but if it is an OEM output alternator (150 amp or less out of a large case) you would probably never overheat it.

The biggest problem would be belt slip. Running two 250 amp units definitely is not going to happen off of a common alternator pulley. The inside 6 grooves on the first alternator is going to be responsible for gripping 500 amps worth of resistance, and a 6 groove pulley with good wrap usually starts to slip around 300 amps worth of alternator. Even with a backside idler, you would be forever battling belt slip under full load.

You want something nasty for your car hit up my sig and shoot me an e-mail.... I can get you a quote on a DC Alt and see what the biggest thing we can put in there for the amount of money you spend. Also, I recommend more output at idle rather than at top end... but thats just me.

i agree with that i rather have more at idle then at higher rpm. my jeep has its own rumble at idle let alone if i hit the gas lol. and and what better way to enjoy your bass then to just sit back and turn car on and enjoy :)

I think I'll take another look at the location and see if i could get it over far enough to run both off of the serp. belt With an idler pulley. I'll see how far over i can get it!!!!! :D

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM