Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Destroyed Sx (pics)


Recommended Posts

Guest MegaloManiac
Posted

I sold my SX 15" about 2 months ago, today I get a call from the buyer(he lives local). He told me he sees smoke coming out of his box. I went over there and I smell something really bad as soon as i enter his home(he brought it inside duh').

I told him its blown, I then asked what he was going to do with it. He said just toss it I guess. I offered to take it. Now I have it again :) . I plan on reconing it(with the help of Doug) to a 10" or 12" and use it just as an HT sub. Well here are the photos.

btw: im assuming he overpowered it or he sent a clipped signal

IMAGE_115.jpg

IMAGE_121.jpg

IMAGE_118.jpg

IMAGE_119.jpg

IMAGE_127.jpg

IMAGE_126.jpg

IMAGE_125.jpg

IMAGE_128.jpg

IMAGE_129.jpg

Posted

damn it wasnt even blown......shoulda just popped the dustcap off and replaced the tinsels. Oh well its blown now that you ripped it out :)


All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

 

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
 

 

 

Guest MegaloManiac
Posted

no, the coils were pretty dark(notice the copper color from the top all the way to the bottom, the spiders were burnt(as u see in pics); either way recone was/is needed.

he's buying a 15" Fi BL now anyways so he's excited to ahve an excuse to buy a new sub

Posted
no, the coils were pretty dark(notice the copper color from the top all the way to the bottom, the spiders were burnt(as u see in pics); either way recone was/is needed.

he's buying a 15" Fi BL now anyways so he's excited to ahve an excuse to buy a new sub

from looking at it the coils were abused but not gone yet they still had life " i think "

Posted

ya those coils are fine.....trust me young meglo, do you know how many MT's i had to repair the tinsels when they burnt just like that? A lot. The spider looks like teh tinsels have been slappin on em a little. If a recone feels better for you go for it though.......uhhh well too late. It is pretty ugly so a recone is not out of the question but if you were tryin to save a nickel it could have lived another day....i recommend some cleaner power next time :)


All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

 

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
 

 

 

Guest MegaloManiac
Posted

im not the one who did this catrastophe lol. but it was smellin terribly bad, also everytime i lifted the sub up you could here scratching noises, oh well orig owner wanted a BL anyways so he has the excuse now :woot: for him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1424 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...