Tahoe Dual Alt Question

We installed a stinger dual alt for a customer of ours (05 tahoe), long story short it broke, we took everything they gave us out and shipped it back for warantee, the guy sent us back just the alts (no belt/harness/idler/0g charging jumper we made/bolts/etc). we bought a new belt, we're waiting on him to give us a part number for the idler pully (making this like 100$ more than it should have been), but the harness is gone.

There is a yellowish (maybe tan, maybe was white, idk, its dirty) and a brown wire going into a small 2 pin plug for the stock alt. the alts right now get ignition from the acc fuse in the fusebox (as per stinger's instructions) The stock little clip is unused and had a jumper/cap from stinger, but idk what it was (resister, wire, diode, etc) and its lost at stinger somewhere...

How do I get rid of this battery idiot light and "check charging system" message?

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

thats nice david, but i need the freeish alternative, I dont mind giving the kid a wire or a resistor or something, but I cant just throw in an MLA complimentary like, you know?

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

there WAS a wiring bit on thhe stock plug that turned that stupid light off, but it was sent back with the alt and now its back on

i wouldnt care, but this is a really good customer so what bugs him bugs me and I dont want lights and service messages on in that truck forever

Team DC

Guest Just_Rob
there WAS a wiring bit on thhe stock plug that turned that stupid light off, but it was sent back with the alt and now its back on

i wouldnt care, but this is a really good customer so what bugs him bugs me and I dont want lights and service messages on in that truck forever

We make a harness exactly for this very situation, we also have the idlers and they are only $19 for an OEM pulley, (if you need a # for it PM me, and the harness runs $29 + shipping which is dirt cheap for that harness.. Rob

the idler i'm just getting from napa since i needed it yesterday (and they give me stuff like 1/2 of retail and no tax, so yay)

the plug i'd rather just make

Team DC

That's why you never ship accessories back to a manufacturer :) I'd be calling stinger and telling them to overnight you the shit.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Guest Just_Rob
the idler i'm just getting from napa since i needed it yesterday (and they give me stuff like 1/2 of retail and no tax, so yay)

the plug i'd rather just make

Just PM me your address and I'll send you one.... You dont want to try and make one of these, unless you have all the OEM Delphi connectors... Rob

thanks alot for the offer rob, it shows a lot that you're willing to help out like that

buuuttt i called stinger this morning and made a stink about how badly this was handled (stinger doesnt make alts, some guy in florida is commissioned to do it, so i order stinger, stinger sends the order to this guy, who makes them, tests them, paints badges packs and ships them to me....so this is who i was directed to for warantee/questions, not my rep)

so i'm hoping this guy sends me the friggin parts on the quick, cuz its some bullshit

and stinger 0g ring terminals suck too, lol

Team DC