Second Skin Audio

Port And Bracing

So ive seen a few people put bracing in their ports. Does this affect tuning? I am looking at doing 2 15s sometime this year, then going to 4 15s. For the 4 15s i would run subs and port up, will post sketchup drawings in a second. I was lookin at LVL4 15s. Was going to give them about 3 cubes each (what it says on the website) tuned to 30 Hz. The box will be 38w*35d*25.75 tall (2x baffle on top) For bracing i would use some 1" dowel rods. But i was also wondering about bracing inside the port. The port on this box is 5" * 33.5". I was thinkin of using some dowel rod to brace the inside of the port too, pics up soon

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

415ssubsandportup12cubesat30hz.jpg

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

You'll be fine bracing in the port like that. It doesn't take up very much airspace so it's not a big deal. If you were trying to brace it with 2X4's then I'd say that you may have a problem, but dowel rod is a great brace to use. I actually prefer dowel rod over pretty much anything excpet maybe threaded rod. You really can't use threaded rod to brace a port, well you can but it would be a pain in the ass.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

this build wont happen for a while, but if a friend should ask me to make a box for them or somethin, id hate to do something like this and have it fuck up the box. Im thinkin 4 LVL4 15s, (designed a box for 2 also) probably start at 2 then save up for 2 more.

Archived