This Is What Goes On At Tdh Bbqs When We Get Bored

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Found out why my dbdrag score had dropped almost 5 db. One of the coils was blown. So after debating whether or not to just keep the sub in there playing off of one coil I figured what the hell and decided to blow it. Kians Stetsom amp did the most power at 2 ohms there so we used that on the good coil.

The 2 hour ride home was god awful without beat though.

was it time for a recone or what?

Main reason I did it was so I can get cracking on my wall. If i didnt blow it today, it would have just stayed in there delaying the process of me doing the wall. So now I can get started on making the new trunk flooring, battery and amp racks.

I probably wont recone it, ill just sell the motor and the basket. Im glad I did figure out the problem was a bad coil, otherwise I would have never known and mistakenly sold someone a bunk woofer.

And yes, when you have one of the two voice coils blown on the sub, that means its time for a recone. The sub will still play and function just fine, but not to its full potential.

I was still doing a 141 last show with a blown sub, not too shabby lol. But today i couldnt get over a 139 so me and a bunch of the guys took a look at it and the ohm load reading was like 50,000 lol.

haha that was awesome!!! that amp has got some POWER!!!

we now have a tradition for every BBQ now...we MUST fry a subwoofer

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

i swear bass is truely addicting, i havnt heard anything loud in like 6 months and it is seriously killing me....can't wait to get my TWP FSQ!

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0