Sonic Electronix

just for clarity, so there's no misinterpretation, Run the RCA's from your head unit, to you amp. then you run the speaker wire from the output on your amp to your crossovers then speaker wire from your crossovers to the speakers

HU-------- AMP------ Crossover-----Tweeter/Woofer

Eric

that's exactly what i'm gonna be doing, thanks guys! i was mainly just wondering if I needed to use the HPF of Full setting on my amp since i've never used components before. and if I did need to use the HPF i was wondering if I needed to splice the speakers wires from the HU to my amp - but since i don't i won't be worrying about it! so yeah i'll be running exactly how you put it (HU--amp--crossover--tweeter/woofer)

Currently Under Construction - hoping to be done by August:

JVC KD-SH55 Head Unit

Rockford Fosgate 10" HX2 @ 35Hz

Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C (Mids/Highs)

Hifonics TXi4008 (amp for mids/highs)

Hifonics BXi610 (amp for sub)

KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex 4 gauge - power/ground

50^2ft. FatMat sound deadener

Big 3 - KnuKonceptz 4 gauge

1 Farad Powersonic Cap

Yellow Top Optima

150A ANL Fuse

that's exactly what i'm gonna be doing, thanks guys! i was mainly just wondering if I needed to use the HPF of Full setting on my amp since i've never used components before. and if I did need to use the HPF i was wondering if I needed to splice the speakers wires from the HU to my amp - but since i don't i won't be worrying about it! so yeah i'll be running exactly how you put it (HU--amp--crossover--tweeter/woofer)

Full and HPF settings simply means what you want the speakers to be playing..it has nothing to do with the High level input. HPF = High pass filter, your speakers will only be sent 100-200+ hz tones, FULL = all frequencies will be sent to you're speakers. You're crossovers for your components should already filter out the frequencies and send the high ones to the tweeter and the low ones to the woofer, but the amp should be set to HPF never the less. Let your speakers do their job (higher freq) and let the sub do its job (lower freq).

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Put it on HPF then turn the crossover to like, 80hz or lower. Stops the very lowest frequencies going to your fronts, your subs are there to play them, putting 65hz into a 6" speaker at high power just makes it flop around.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!