Getting Info Off Of A Messed Up Hard Drive?

well.... the easiest thing to do is to try hooking it up to another inimportant computer and seeing whats there....

Yeah definately hook it up in a non important pc, i had a comnputer that just quit working one day thought the power supply went bad, so i bought a brand new 800 dollar computer, hooked up the hard drive and bam computer turned on once, and never worked again. You could also try taking it to the geek squad at best buy or somewhere like that.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

lol we aren't that computer savvy...but he is in a business group and the computer guys said they would diagnose it to see if possible and if it is then they would charge a hundred bucks...Fair? And thanks for the help guys.

It is SATA, so if I were to put it into my second hard drive spot (we both have dell 1720s), would that be a risk for my computer?

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Ok so we reinstalled windows and it actually rebooted....we backed up everything important and are using as I speak...there is still a problem though. He just rebooted the lappy and after saving all of the pics temporarily on the desktop, they were gone after the reload...any ideas why?

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.