Fiberglass Strength On Metal

This isn't audio related, sure hope it's ok I ask here...you peeps def know the whats up on glasswork though.

I am rebuilding my camaro, and doing firewall work (cut cowl out to windshield and plated off heater box. my question is.....can I glue (or some kind of adhesive) lycra, etc and stretch where I need to , do a few layers of glass and have it not crack on me down the road? pretty radical motor going in, and can guarantee some violent wheelies, but I think glassing it in would look nicer than what I can do with metal plate.

pic for reference (filling in gap under windshield)

12-08-08camaro6.jpg

12-08-08camaro4.jpg

many thanks for any replies - very appreciative.

Jerry

This isn't audio related, sure hope it's ok I ask here...you peeps def know the whats up on glasswork though.

I am rebuilding my camaro, and doing firewall work (cut cowl out to windshield and plated off heater box. my question is.....can I glue (or some kind of adhesive) lycra, etc and stretch where I need to , do a few layers of glass and have it not crack on me down the road? pretty radical motor going in, and can guarantee some violent wheelies, but I think glassing it in would look nicer than what I can do with metal plate.

pic for reference (filling in gap under windshield)

12-08-08camaro6.jpg

12-08-08camaro4.jpg

many thanks for any replies - very appreciative.

Jerry

You could probably get away with doing it out of glass as long as you make it strong enough. I would probably re-enforce it with cormat or something like that, not just fiberglass mat.

"I don't bullshit. I do what I say & say what I mean."

Final_TopKick_Soundstream-1.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2925230

http://www.armoredhaulin.com

Archived