Jump to content

Front Door Speaker, Sealed Enclosure?


SQMonte

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am about to install some CDT Audio mids/highs and the factory speaker mounting location is wide open on the backside except for a water shield that covers the top half of the speaker. I have very limited space back there, something like 2.5"....will building an enclosure be a good idea or is it better to leave the backend open so the speaker can utilized the volume of the door? Would I be better off just deadening the doors or would the enclosure be best?

If I made an enclosure it'll be fiberglass, if that matters. Which way should I go?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Posted

From what I've read they (not particular set, they may be different) aren't designed to be put into an enclosure. They are best suited to an infinite baffle setup.

Again, from what I've read, if you close up the holes in the door that allow the front to interface with the back of the speaker and deaden the door, that's the best result.

Contrary to that, people commonly put speakers in the kick, and in there, you have no choice but to put it in an enclosure, so IDK.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Posted
From what I've read they (not particular set, they may be different) aren't designed to be put into an enclosure. They are best suited to an infinite baffle setup.

Again, from what I've read, if you close up the holes in the door that allow the front to interface with the back of the speaker and deaden the door, that's the best result.

Contrary to that, people commonly put speakers in the kick, and in there, you have no choice but to put it in an enclosure, so IDK.

I would much prefer to do it the way you listed above. I think I kinda got caught up in an assumption here; I assumed that because my Rainbows didn't sound all that great in the doors that my CDT's wouldn't either, but I also have not deadened the doors and sealed them up at all either so it's very possible that I could be in for a pleasant surprise. Hopefully i'm one of the lucky 10 that win the SecondSkin giveaway, they're giving away Damplifier Pro door kits.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1733 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...