Project "SQL Monte Carlo v4" *Updated 1.26.12*

hey man everything is coming out great and the new shoes look good bro!!!

good luck on SOTM this month also! :)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I just read your entire build and im impressed. That HU plate looks clean as hell man. I love everything you did with your car, also that grill makes it look 10 times better. Have you had any messages pop up that you couldnt clear cause you have an aftermarket deck? i have a 2000 monte with an aftermarket deck and i have a message that just stays up because im too lazy to get someone to clear it for me :lol:

Good work on the build man. love it!

Thanks man. I'm feeling the grill too, I think it makes the car look more mean, maybe even a little bit aggressive. Kinda sets mine apart from the rest too. Nope, no messages pop up that I can't clear.....not only because my stock deck is relocated to my glove box so I still retain full stock functionality, including being able to clear messages like "low tire pressure", "change oil", etc., but also because I can clear those messages even without the factory deck. Let me know what message you have that you can't get rid of, I might be able to tell you how to clear it.

hey man everything is coming out great and the new shoes look good bro!!!

good luck on SOTM this month also! :)

Thanks Meade.....I had to step my game up after seeing you going the straight up custom made route. I ain't on your level but at least I ain't stock no more either.

After seeing the competition for SOTM, i'm gonna need all the luck I can get :werd_msword:

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Didn't have much time to do much on it this weekend but I did get 2 of the Big 3 done. Wasn't able to upgrade the alternator lead due to running out of wire and not being able to find any at any shops in my area. The problem is that i'm using 2ga, which apparently is hard to come by, so since the power wire in my amp kit is also 2ga i'm gonna hold off on doing that alternator lead until I run my power wire because I have a feeling I'll have enough leftover to get the alt lead done. I began running speaker wire for my front stage but again ran out of wire, I was hoping I had enough of the 16ga Monster Cable to get it done but nope! So I pulled the wire out and have decided to run KnuKonceptz Karma series wire, I have 100ft of 16ga and 10ft of 12ga on order.

I also was able to figure out my amp rack, I think it's going to look real clean too. At first I was going to fire the subs through the back seat, but after listening to them like that, and firing to the back, I concluded firing to the back won so i'm just gonna have to chase down and kill the rattles. I sketched it out and then mocked it up using cardboard and loved it so it's finalized!

Here's some pics

Had a little issue getting the lug from the negative battery terminal to fit the ring terminal, nothing a drill bit couldn't fix tough

IMGP2020.jpg

But then once I got the terminal to fit the lug, had an issue getting the boot to fit, grrrr.

IMGP2023.jpg

So I had to notch the boot to get it to fit

IMGP2024.jpg

You could make this easier by going to just about any O'Reilly store and getting some GM battery post extenders that are actually made for this purpose. i used one in my 2002 Grand Prix GT and it made attachment of the 4 gauge lug just that much easier

http://1800woofers.com/products/detail/872

the bottom threads attach the stock cable to the battery and the top threads are where you would put the ring terminal. much safer connection imo.

just my $.02

You could make this easier by going to just about any O'Reilly store and getting some GM battery post extenders that are actually made for this purpose. i used one in my 2002 Grand Prix GT and it made attachment of the 4 gauge lug just that much easier

http://1800woofers.c...ucts/detail/872

the bottom threads attach the stock cable to the battery and the top threads are where you would put the ring terminal. much safer connection imo.

I'll do you one better

IMGP2023.jpg

IMGP2435.jpg

See anything different? My new SVR battery (got it a month after the Big 3 was initially done) has dual sets of posts on it, two on top, two on the side. I use the side posts for all stock connections, top for all audio/other power connections via XScorpion terminals. How you like them apples? :P

I wouldn't have been able to use those extenders because the terminal couldn't be removed from that black boot without destroying it (the boot). That's why I did it the way I did. But thanks anyway :drinks:

Yeah that grill definitely makes it look meaner and i love it, very jealous haha. But anyways on to the messages, i constantly have the low tire pressure message on. it doesn't really bother me but it would be nice to get rid of it. any help would be appreciated even if it doesn't work.

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

5% Tint All Around

Current Set Up: Link

Yeah that grill definitely makes it look meaner and i love it, very jealous haha. But anyways on to the messages, i constantly have the low tire pressure message on. it doesn't really bother me but it would be nice to get rid of it. any help would be appreciated even if it doesn't work.

All you gotta do is make sure the car is off, turn the key to the on position then pull the headlight switch out to the first notch 3 times in a row, quickly. So pull it to the first notch then push it back in, 3 times in a row, like you're competing against someone to see who can do it the fastest. LOL. Sounds dumb but that's how you do it. It might take you 2 or 3 tries to get it done but you'll get it. Now turn the key to the off position and then back to either acc or on to see if the message is cleared. BUT ONLY DO THIS AFTER YOU CONFIRM ALL YOUR TIRES ARE INFLATED APPROPRIATELY cause if you don't you can mess up the TPMS.

:clapping:

Ahhh you sir, are awesome! got rid of the message. :good: i made sure that i had the right psi in my tires before i did that. only one thing now. It got rid of that message but i had a change engine oil message hiding behind that one lol. Same thing to get rid of that one or?

5% Tint All Around

Ahhh you sir, are awesome! got rid of the message. :good: i made sure that i had the right psi in my tires before i did that. only one thing now. It got rid of that message but i had a change engine oil message hiding behind that one lol. Same thing to get rid of that one or?

Haha. Nope, little different, but easier. Do the same thing, but instead of doing anything with the headlight switch, press the gas pedal 3 times fast. 8)

Some reason that one didnt work but thats ok. I dont want to take up your thread on your car to ask you a bunch of questions. If you still want to help me you can pm me if you want, thanks for your help so far sir!

5% Tint All Around

Some reason that one didnt work but thats ok. I dont want to take up your thread on your car to ask you a bunch of questions. If you still want to help me you can pm me if you want, thanks for your help so far sir!

Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo, 2000-05

Turn the ignition to ON without starting the engine. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds. If the CHG OIL SOON light flashes two times, the system is resetting. Turn the key to OFF, then start the vehicle. If the CHG OIL SOON light comes back on, the system has not reset, repeat the procedure.

Archived