DC Sound Lab

Thor DC lvl 5 Build/SPL XL Log/ New Pics up

So we all saw how bad I tore the surround this time but just in case here it is again

HPIM3283.jpg

HPIM3284.jpg

Unlike Frank Sr. the surround on Frank Jr. actually ripped instead of pulling off the cone or basket.

So as I stated before this is where the fun begins..... Who would believe that a tube of goop could repair a rip in the surround that bad.... Me of course lol

Frank Jr. Getting his stretch on

Who would believe that a tube of goop could repair a rip in the surround that bad.... Me of course lol

I would!!! Infact i beleiev i once told you to use it last time with the standard surrounds..... :P

Also it has been used often out here on DD subs, and the most impressive place in Riprocks Trooper, where a repaired shoo goo'd surround holds up better then a perfectly good one over 180 dB!!! The stuff is killer for fixing anything in car audio. :)

So as I stated before this is where the fun begins..... Who would believe that a tube of goop could repair a rip in the surround that bad.... Me of course lol

if i ever rip my level 4s, atleast i know they can withstand some heavy power and excursion after being fixed!

awesome video thor!

and congrats on baby frank. he looks a lot like his daddy ;)

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

how about some rubber surrounds ?

sealed up on the termlab mic on dash 4-sa12"s 2-3500d's 153.4db now testing a american bass 1100.1 no numbers yet 300amp iraggi alt and kinetik batts.

i wounder if psi could hook you up with some costume surounds, if rusty cant figure anything out. good luck man. i hope we get to see thes in action with no proublems.

http://www.fixmyspeaker.com/

this has nothing to do with the surrounds rusty uses. Thor is running 7k watts to each 10" woofer. things are going to break.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

there is a phrase for that right? Mechanical limit (in said environment of course) but on the bright side the obscene amount is just plain silly for a daily 10" sub there is gotta be alot more stress in that small of a diameter but maybe stiched cone rubber high roll double thick would be the only other option for an upgrade?hey why not get ya two more and do up a 6th order like that one guy around here and distribute the power a bit more it is a smilar trunck size?

Clay is deffinately correct he did indeed tell me about the goop. lol

Looks like today we're gonna put Frank Jr. on a Taramps 20k for some power tests. lol Lets hope he holds up:)

Thats going to be a interesting test indeed. You should know by now i am always 1 step ahead. ^_^

And to those who think the surround issues are from all these different reasons listed the real problem is the enclosure, not power or surround material or shape.