DC Sound Lab

Thor DC lvl 5 Build/SPL XL Log/ New Pics up

i say no holds bar on ol frank strap those two 14k's and lets really see it blow out of the box kill him :):):):) :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick:

also howmanny spideres did you get for these ???

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle!"

-- Winston Churchill

Oh my. Way to get those DCs dancing! That just looks violent! :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

those subs are beast for sure. Only thing I ask if anyone can answer is the new lvl 6 woofer? It will have a 4inch coil, but will it have the same motor as the lvl 5 just tooled different? In case people havent seen nor looked...check out the cactus woofers!

No it is a totally different motor then the lv5. Much larger, infact uses the same size magnets as the other 4hp motors. The lv6 uses much beefier top and bottom plates. That makes all the difference not the magnets.

Now back at Rob 6 spiders!!!!!! :shok:

Yeppers. lol Even in a smaller box it needs it to keep everything smiling :spiteful:

The big test is coming soon. Can they stay together with thier own 14k? :diablo:

We shall soon see another lvl 5 10 with 6 spiders being paired with an Adassa 5k spring up in Oregon. :drinks:

holy hell

i wanna see em asplode!

haha

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Yeppers. lol Even in a smaller box it needs it to keep everything smiling :spiteful:

The big test is coming soon. Can they stay together with thier own 14k? :diablo:

We shall soon see another lvl 5 10 with 6 spiders being paired with an Adassa 5k spring up in Oregon. :drinks:

I will telly ou this i tested a single lv5 12 4 spiders in my truck last year with 20k clamped power from a pair of Stetsom 7kds. It held fine, BUT this was in a 4th order, not a street ported box. 4th order you can put huge power on a sub and not run into loading issues if its proper.

My guess is your sub nearest the port aka Frank is always the first to let go? Curious how big is your box?

I will telly ou this i tested a single lv5 12 4 spiders in my truck last year with 20k clamped power from a pair of Stetsom 7kds. It held fine, BUT this was in a 4th order, not a street ported box. 4th order you can put huge power on a sub and not run into loading issues if its proper.

My guess is your sub nearest the port aka Frank is always the first to let go? Curious how big is your box?

Box is 15h x 35w x 21.25d Port is 10 x 13.5

I've been looking at a 4th order for my trunk. I may just have to tackle that over the winter.

Box is 15h x 35w x 21.25d Port is 10 x 13.5

I've been looking at a 4th order for my trunk. I may just have to tackle that over the winter.

So thats what 4.5 cubes net volume for both subs? I have not played with the DC in street class but when i did do street 10s liked 1 cube each. Maybe try a smaller box as a suggestion it will help by offering more loading to the sub. granted wont be as musical.

And bandpass in street class dont waste your time. A ported box is far better in street.

So thats what 4.5 cubes net volume for both subs? I have not played with the DC in street class but when i did do street 10s liked 1 cube each. Maybe try a smaller box as a suggestion it will help by offering more loading to the sub. granted wont be as musical.

And bandpass in street class dont waste your time. A ported box is far better in street.

Most of my box is now port. lol with the common chamber less than 2 cu. before displacements. I'm not sure how much smaller I can go before I'm in need of 8in aeros.

Thanks for letting me know about 4th orders for my app. Will save me time and headache.