Sonic Electronix

What part of vehicle are you planning on dampening?

i have a car, and i used 2 cans of expanding foam in the truck lid in between the ribs. it added enough mass and stiffening that my lid doesn't rattle anymore.

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

its a SUV and i had laid out accumat but explanding system its over running it.... so now i want heavier stuff for the back hatch and rear quarters

What part of vehicle are you planning on dampening?

i have a car, and i used 2 cans of expanding foam in the truck lid in between the ribs. it added enough mass and stiffening that my lid doesn't rattle anymore.

Expanding foam works decent.

The stuff you have to mix yourself is a tad better then the great stuff you buy.

Tho either will work. If you put too much great stuff in one spot tho, it will try to oooze out where ever it can, and it wont expand properly creating soft spots.

Expandable foam called great stuff is the shit for panels. I filled my back door and it worked wonders. no noise at all anymore from behind

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

If your going to fill up your back hatch with expanding foam, make sure not to fill the ares with your opening mechanism, lol that's one thing you don't want to find out the hard way.

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

yeah thought about that... maybe cardboard a sqaure and accumat that and foam around it then go crazy....

If your going to fill up your back hatch with expanding foam, make sure not to fill the ares with your opening mechanism, lol that's one thing you don't want to find out the hard way.

yeah thought about that... maybe cardboard a sqaure and accumat that and foam around it then go crazy....

Also, are you planning on competing, If I recall if you use expanding foam it will put you in a higher class than you would normally be in, so it may make it harder to compete especially if you have a more or less entry type of system.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived