DC Sound Lab

Level 3 12's Or Lv4 15?

Hello all.

New on here, been browsing for a while now, and decided to join the community!

I currently have a HCCA 12.2 off 1.2k (4.3cuft @ 32hz) and it hits LOW...

However, Im looking at upgrading to a single DC lvl4 15 or 2 LVL3 12's, My question is will either of these compare to the hcca?

Im after hitting HARD & LOW and for now I will run from a solid 1200w rms. Im after lows and flex :P

I guess I feel in some ways I am downgrading, from a hcca to a level 3, But will the cone area of 2 x 12's be better than the single 15?

I knew I should of kept my other amp and I would go for 2 level 4 15's!

Thanks all :D

Edited by Rst

youd notice the difference since its more cone area.why not just tune your hcca's box lower if you want the low lows

edit nvr mind your box is kind of low at 32 so why not get another hcca?

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

well im currently running an HCCA 12.2 also. i have multiple subs, and surprisingly even 2x 12's dont get as loud as my one Orion. but the 2x 12's are in a 3cube box, while the orion is in a >2.5cube box.

another thing to consider is the 2x 12's i put in were not DC lvl 3's, so for all i know the lvl 3's may be alot louder.

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

Its in a small hatchback car also, so it seems to pound hard, even off of 1.2k. I wounder if I were to give it another 1krms it would hit harder / lower.. Seems like lots of room for improvement but ideally i dont want to as this would mean new amp, alt etc.

I have everything 0awg, tb3, 100+ ah battery in rear also, and even with the 1.2k on a test tone drops after a minit or 2. (65A alt)

Im loving the look / sound of the dc's, I just wounder if off of 1.2k its going to be louder / lower?

Its in a small hatchback car also, so it seems to pound hard, even off of 1.2k. I wounder if I were to give it another 1krms it would hit harder / lower.. Seems like lots of room for improvement but ideally i dont want to as this would mean new amp, alt etc.

I have everything 0awg, tb3, 100+ ah battery in rear also, and even with the 1.2k on a test tone drops after a minit or 2. (65A alt)

Im loving the look / sound of the dc's, I just wounder if off of 1.2k its going to be louder / lower?

dude, go with the DCs. lol my set up is a hatchback with a pair of lvl3 12s :D

I think this is what you are looking for, correct me if I'm wrong. Pair of DC lvl3 12s off of a 1600w Brutus.

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Yeah man I seen your vid a couple of times, thats what makes me want to go for the lvl3's. My hatch is even smaller than that ;)
well then :P at least you know that the 3s can get pretty loud :D

15xtrur.png

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Painfull loud? :D

I know I cant sit in my hatch for more than a few mins on full tilt and my visors are not flexin like that! Ill get a video up soon of rear flex.

Hope these level 3s are as good as people are saying! Else ill just end up going for the level 4's !

They pretty good at sq also?

Painfull loud? :D

I know I cant sit in my hatch for more than a few mins on full tilt and my visors are not flexin like that! Ill get a video up soon of rear flex.

Hope these level 3s are as good as people are saying! Else ill just end up going for the level 4's !

They pretty good at sq also?

yup :) well painfully loud to those not accustomed to bass :spiteful: lol my car goes nuts with the flex :D its fun watching that rearview mirror stay solid, give up, and start pulsing and moving to the bass hahah.

As for SQ, yeah it can pull it off....:P

15xtrur.png