Sundown Audio

Hifonics Amps

when you double the runs of wires that means you have like 2 or 3 1/0 gauge going to the battery?

yep.

you'll be fine with just one run of 0 gauge. i recommend knukonceptz just because they the best you can get for the money.

and upgraded electrical is big 3, upgraded front battery, extra batteries elsewhere, upgraded alternator.

anyone of those listed will help you out.

if your not familiar with the big 3 here is a link to what i'm talking about.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280

yea im going to do 1/0 wire this friday when i get paid.. and by upgrade electrical what exactly is that? meaning upgrading alt?.. sorry about these idiotic questions just got into bass recently and am ilinformed

Haha im learning too but an upgraded alternator never hurts from what i hear and audio batts. theres a formula i think that tells you how much amperage your amp takes at its peaks so you at least need that much power plus what the car needs more is usually better in this case. If your voltage is perfect then you could get a mla module to get more out of your amp also.

Im going to be running a sundown 2000d and a sundown 100.4 or simular and im getting a 275 amp alternator and some kinetics. I plan on going bigger down the road too tho.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

when you double the runs of wires that means you have like 2 or 3 1/0 gauge going to the battery?

That's to the rear battery bank actually. Not directly to the amplifier, The amp would feed off of the rear battery. I think you said stock alt and battery, so one run of wire should do since you don't have any additional batteries. I'd look into getting one though!

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

That's to the rear battery bank actually. Not directly to the amplifier, The amp would feed off of the rear battery. I think you said stock alt and battery, so one run of wire should do since you don't have any additional batteries. I'd look into getting one though!

yea well its hard working part time and bass is addicting! also expensive! i was planning on buying the wire from out current audio shop here i think they just have 1 kind of wire or should i buy it over the net?

yea well its hard working part time and bass is addicting! also expensive! i was planning on buying the wire from out current audio shop here i think they just have 1 kind of wire or should i buy it over the net?

I just ordered some wires from KnuKonceptz. The interwebs is awesome.

yep.

you'll be fine with just one run of 0 gauge. i recommend knukonceptz just because they the best you can get for the money.

and upgraded electrical is big 3, upgraded front battery, extra batteries elsewhere, upgraded alternator.

anyone of those listed will help you out.

if your not familiar with the big 3 here is a link to what i'm talking about.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280

ok man thanks alot! knew nothing before this site and now am proud to say i know at least something! ill try to buy some wire this friday though because im not satisfied with my current system.

most shops carry stinger or others and they usually run anywhere from 6-11 bucks a foot for 0 gauge.

knukonkepts is 3 and some change a foot and is just as good if not better than the higher priced stuff.

go with knu and you will be pleased.

most shops carry stinger or others and they usually run anywhere from 6-11 bucks a foot for 0 gauge.

knukonkepts is 3 and some change a foot and is just as good if not better than the higher priced stuff.

go with knu and you will be pleased.

ok thanks man.. also wondering if upgrading big 3 will benifeit while running a stock alt?

While you are picking up your new wire, make sure to order crimp rings for your big 3 needs, and groud wires,i think i used 10 to do mine, and a FUSE HOLDER/ Fuse...Bigger hose means more water to spill, so PLEASE make sure you have the proper rated fuse in line..

Good-luck!

*edited for spelling cuzz i suck at it

Edited by Gotz1lung

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member