Second Skin Audio

Alpine Type R 15"

DGold

I've been in constant debate with myself but have came to the conclusion I'd like to hear an Alpine Type R 15. So, I will be buying two of them after I sound deaden my suv.

First, I'm looking for some suggestions from your own experiences for amps. Try and not post something you have not seen in action yourself. I look around sites for hours trying to decide but I need some personal experiences to help that decision.

Then, I need to figure out what box I want. I know nothing about this field but am reading up on it heavily. I know I want ported and I drive an 03 Durango so as long as it fits in the hatch, size is no issue. I was going to just get a premade box or have someone custom build. I'd love to go with the custom built, but Ill need to know what to tell them and what to tune it too. Problem is, like I said, I know nothing about this. Just looking for some suggestions, sorry for the long text. Realize this may be in the wrong section but it kind of falls in multiple categories. All help appreciated greatly, thanks.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

doubled it lol got a little warm after a while

ive also had 1500 rms to a single 10 type r in an abc box

and i will be putting 2000 rms to a pair of 10s next week

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

the box i just did for a set up was like 5-6 cubes at 34hz with a hifonics 1610d for a kid in a 95 civic coupe and it was doing like mid high 140's easy and he was braking them in

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

I posted this late last night so left out a few details. I'm planning on running them at around 900w RMS at 2 ohms. They could probly handle 1000 consistently with no real issues but going to play on the safer side. So looking for an amp that does around that x2 @ 2 ohm. Or thought about getting two mono amps that run around 1000w rms. I wish i could find the ported box online that i bought premade off a site for my 2x 12s i have now so i could see where its tuned at. Ill have to measure it when i get back home

Jville, that box sounds right about what i want. Not looking to be in a competition or anything just want a good quality ported box. Problem is the closest audio store around here is 45 mins away and they sell premade boxes but aint sure if they make customs. I live in western pa. If i can find someone to make a custom, ill definately be willing to pay more money.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Anyone have any box ideas? Prefer someone else to build it for me though, ill most likely mess it up. What would be good box tuning for these subs? Around 30? Also, I've heard the difference from 4 ohms to 2 ohms. Is alot of sq lost when going to 1 ohm. Think it should be alright

Link For Alpine Type R 15's

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4194_A...D+-TYPE+R-.html

Old Setup

Archived