Anyone Else Prep'n Up For 2 Wheel Season?

Wow your statement has got me confused. Extending the swing arm is going to hinder your turning on the track. Typically a longer swing arm is to stabilize the bike on straight high speed runs...can I ask why you extended it?

when I say track, I mean gateway international drag way, they don't really have that many circle tracks around st. louis cept the dirt ones that I know of. my bad should been more specific. If I wanted a circle track bike I would just kept a 600 for that.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

Though I agree with the bigger is not better, I would totally disagree that most good riders start out on 600's. Even todays 600 has way to much power for a newb. If you've done any type of MSF or track schooling, the first thing they teach is to get a bike in which the power is managable. Having a 600 with a 1/4 turn throttle is bad news. If you read through a lot of forums most experienced riders start out on like 250/500's or vtwins. Then when you understand the bike and power, you upgrade.

kev

Again one of my statements was misleading I was talkin about experienced sport bike riders, not experienced riders in general. But, I hope you are talkin about some sort of sport v-twins because if they learn throttle control on a even a smaller we'll say vulcan v-twin then get on a sport bike that is the bad news right there. they'll be jammin on it like crazy to get going and it will spin right out from underneath them, the guy on pinks even did that and he is a v-twin freak. Also a 250 isn't an option for most bigger guys like me, so the most logical choice would be an older 600. I learned on a suzuki katana and I think I ride pretty good, when I ride legally that is. I think the v-twin and 250/500's are nice to learn motorcycle's in general but not sport bike riding.

-Steven-

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

I agree, but this woould actually be my 2nd bike.... just the first since the wife and kid! 1st bike '89 kawi 900r

Yeah, but this guy had never even ridden a dirtbike - only 4wheelers, so this was his 1st bike since.......his bicycle when he was a kid.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Yeah, but this guy had never even ridden a dirtbike - only 4wheelers, so this was his 1st bike since.......his bicycle when he was a kid.

YIKES! :blink:

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

used to ride dirt bikes when i was younger, but it has been about 5 years, i used to be decent on a dirt bike i was no evil kenievil but i could ride it with out wrecking or hurting my self on jumps and such

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

I wish I had a dirt bike but don't have the money and the amount of mantainace needed.

Nismo, just tell your pops you NEED one! LOL

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Archived