2002 Focus Zx3... Need An Extra Battery?

im about to set my boy up with a system and hes going to be running an audioque 1200d (1200 rms) and an audioque component amp (400 rms). i told him hed prolly have to get an extra battery with his stock alternator. do you guys agree with me on this? how big of a bat do u think he needs? im thinking a kinetik hc1400 or a kinetik hc1800... sound like a good plan?

yes i would do more then one

1400 in the hood and lke 2 1800 in the back

that just me tho

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

If you are not upgrading from that an HC1200 or 1400, shouldn't need more than 1 unless you are going replacing the under the hood battery too.

Im running a PowerMaster Battery Under the hood, with the big3 done, running about 1800rms, and the only time I have some voltage issues is at night(my lights dim slightly) and that is with a stock 110 amp alternator. But some overkill can never hurt, especially once you get the stereo bug.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

you will want to do the big 3, for that system 4awg is fine unless you have extra 0awg just laying around. Your stock alternator on that vehicle needs a bump, I would get an MLA or up your voltage output somehow to keep the two batteries topped off. I think you have a 6G alt on that car, if so search for an upgrade kit you can install yourself for around $100 to make it a HO alt or just get the specs to make your ECM force your current alt to put out closer to 15V (should cost a couple dollars at Radio Shack to get what you need).

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Archived